• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Inactivity Affects Credit Score?

aryanraj

TF Select
I have multiple cards and so i may not able to use them all so some statement came as negative or zero. Will it give bad impression in CIBIL or should i have some amount to pay in statement each month?

Solution
I have multiple cards and so i may not able to use them all so some statement came as negative or zero. Will it give bad impression in CIBIL or should i have some amount to pay in statement each month?
It won't affect your score/history but you can use these cards for making an impeccable credit history,even if you have 1Re bill on your card and pay it off. It's considered as a payment and number of payments done on time,shows there in CIBIL history.
e.g. someone has 10 credit cards & uses only two. then after an year his credit report will show,
payments made on time-24/24
but even he pays 1Re on all 10,report will show
payments made on time-120/120

in both the cases you can see the difference & whenever he applies for a credit...
It won't affect your score/history but you can use these cards for making an impeccable credit history,even if you have 1Re bill on your card and pay it off. It's considered as a payment and number of payments done on time,shows there in CIBIL history.
e.g. someone has 10 credit cards & uses only two. then after an year his credit report will show,

in both the cases you can see the difference & whenever he applies for a credit product, in which case,he'll be benefitted & lender will be impressed.

Solution
No , it does not impact your score and you don't need to pay something every month even the statement is 0 or -ve

in both the cases you can see the difference & whenever he applies for a credit product, in which case,he'll be benefitted & lender will be impressed.
that's insightful!

Back