• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Cards that send OTP on Mail

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

TheGuy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What are the credit card providers that send OTP on mail?

Main use case is- bad or no network coverage but have fiber or wireless net.

Banks that send on email-
  • Amex
  • HDFC
  • Indian
  • SBI ¹ ²
  • AU ¹
  • SBM ¹
  • PNB
  • BoB ¹

Banks that don't send on email-
  • Axis
  • IDFC (just tells us OTP has been sent)
  • HSBC ¹
  • Kotak ¹
---
Last Updated On: 30th September 2024

Thanks to all contributors. Appreciate you guys.
Your comments are linked with SuperScript ¹ ²

Last edited:
It came in clutch for spending during international travel.
Yes! I have had bad experience with SMS OTP. Some coming 30 minutes late (or never coming). This is rare but happens.
Earlier I used to use IndusInd NetSecure Password but then they stopped.

Kotak's and HDFC Emails have helped me ton. SBI (Bank not Card Issuer) lets me CONSTANTLY down, I switched main banking due to that.

Axis doesn't? I thought they do.

Axis used to send. I still get OTPs via email, but not all users. Please see this following thread for the current situation...

I think IDFC Debit card has an option where you can update the OTP settings in the app to get OTP on email as well. Saw it once but not able to find again. If anyone knows where to find this option in the IDFC app, please let me know.

I know this thread is for credit cards, but wanted this help for debit card - hence posting here.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back