• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Limit Decrease - Effect on Cibil

rsd95

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have a query if anyone can answer. Recently, I closed RBL Shoprite (Useless card) card which they issued after the Zomato card was closed, and they issued the Icon card as LTF. But I noticed in the app that they decreased the limit from 1.5L to 30k. When I asked customer care they said it would increase after some time and it was done because I wasn't using the card that much (obviously as it's a useless card).
But my concern is whether this kind of credit limit reduction will affect my cibil score.?

I have a query if anyone can answer. Recently, I closed RBL Shoprite (Useless card) card which they issued after the Zomato card was closed, and they issued the Icon card as LTF. But I noticed in the app that they decreased the limit from 1.5L to 30k. When I asked customer care they said it would increase after some time and it was done because I wasn't using the card that much (obviously as it's a useless card).
But my concern is whether this kind of credit limit reduction will affect my cibil score.?
Shouldn't affect more than 2-3 points if you've got other cards with better limit and have better Credit Utilisation ratio.

It is regulation for RBL you are not special

I have a rbl world safari credit card I am not using from 3 months limit is 2L I am decided to close this card before limit reduces
The credit limit can decrease if you close the card, in my case that happened. They reduced the limit on new card. But if you're not planing to take any other card from RBL and completely end the relationship with RBL then that's another story.

Back