• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit utilisation Thumb Rule

chinnodu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi members,
I want to know how the credit utilisation ratio is calculated by CIBIL.

If I have four cards and my credit utilisation ratio is different in case of each card. In my primary card I may utilise 70% and of credit limit and in other cards it may be below 5%.

Is it that credit utilisation should not cross 30% in each card or overall 30% on four cards together?

What is the thumb rule? In each and every card it should not cross 30%? Or all cards put together should not cross 30% of total credit limit of all cards?

Thanks

Hi members,

If I have four cards and my credit utilisation ratio is different in case of each card. In my primary card I may utilise 70% and of credit limit and in other cards it may be below 5%.

Is it that credit utilisation should not cross 30% in each card or overall 30% on four cards together?

What is the thumb rule? In each and every card it should not cross 30%? Or all cards put together should not cross 30% of total credit limit of all cards?

Thanks
It's on your over all credit limit you owe (on all your cards put together)

Hi members,

Thanks
30 % is overall.. however it is a general reco.. you can go above as well if you need to.. as long as you pay back in FULL.. if you keep using high and pay back in full without any delays your bank will also easily increase your limit..

Back