• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DBS Bank - Digibank Saving Account - Scammed / Feeling Helpless

jetha

TF Buzz
Hi TF Members

I had got a DBS Digibank account back in June. MAB 10k. I had continously maintained 25k balance + got debit card.
Main usecase was for personal fixed deposits and they run couple of debit card offers on BB/Zepto from time to time. I had also mistakenly booked FD from their online application worth couple of lakhs in the past few months. This account and app worked fine for first 2 months.
From starting of September i faced a glitch in their application by which i am unable to access their Mobile Application / Net Banking. I have talked with customer care if my funds are safe or not and they have acknowledged me that all funds are safe and this is just a technical issue on their end. But it has been 6+ weeks, i have already escalated this to PNO, CEO Email id from their channel but i dont think they are capable or interested to resolve this issue at any time. Pretty useless bank. Suggest to avoid at all costs.

Last week i also received a message where they deducted Debit Card charges from my bank account when Debit Card is First Year Free (part of tnc for proof): . Seems like they have resorted to scamming now
I need help: Is there a way that i can complain related to this on RBI or some other agency to get my funds back and also make sure this bank is penalized? I have heard about RBI portal but i guess it deals with transaction issues only?. Not sure if technical issues fall under their area. But this is literally blocking me access to my funds in savings account + Fixed Deposit that i stored for emergency use. I want them to be penalized for putting me in this situation and all the time that they have wasted.

What would be best way to get this money back? I am clearly not interested in continuing with this bank but i also don't want to pay a 1% fixed deposit premature early withdrawal fee if i just proceed for an account closure.

Hi

Currently i hold the same account as you for last 5 years and i have faced a few issues. Its one of the best banking apps i have ever used never ever any transaction got stucked but its not same in my relative's case he account is suddenly blocked after a transaction (he's merchant) than he was called to the branch for clarification and at the end bank asked them to visit nearest cybersecurity office and get there authorisation for account activation.

So i suggest you to visit neaby dbs branch they can help you for sure.

Back