• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB FYF or not?

SumitSingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I've been a long-time lurker here. My Current portfolio contains the following cards:
HDFC Regalia LTF (Limit 5.5L)
Axis ACE
SBI CashBack
One Card LTF
IDFC Wealth Card LTF
Amazon Pay ICICI LTF

All my cards have a limit of 3L+ except SBI Cashback (34k) and most of my spending is around Traveling, Shopping, Eating Out, Uber/Ola, and Amazon Gift Vouchers (no rent expenses).

My usual monthly spend is around 50-70K with occasional travel every 3 months (around 1.5-2L). I put most of my online expenses on SBI, Amazon Expenses on APay, and Offline on Axis Ace and I pay the bill with HDFC Bill Pay for 1% additional Cashback.

I've been offered HDFC DCB FYF by the bank (was looking for Infina but was rejected) since I have a long-term relationship with the bank and a salary account (not meeting Infinia salary eligibility yet).

so my question is, will getting DCB make sense? I'm sure if I move my expenses from my other cards to DCB I'll easily be able to meet the Fee Waiver criteria and I understand that it might help me long term with Infinia eligibility but will it be a good decision to move all my expenses to DCB card for this?

I live in a Tier-1 City and I don't think Acceptance will be a major issue (I won't be canceling the rest of my cards anyway and will use them if required).

I did try for LTF DCB as well but HDFC didn't budge (even after threatening to move my salary account).

Please advise!

It depends on your redemption preferences. If you are pure cashback guy, then whatever cards you have are good. But if you are are willing to get higher reward rate for use on travel or arimiles then DCB is definitely better option. DCB will also be your entry into premium card segment and it can help in future to get Infinia or another cards on C2C basis

BTW DCB offers better reward rate than Apay on Amazon shopping via Smartbuy ASV

Hi Everyone,

I've been a long-time lurker here. My Current portfolio contains the following cards:
Axis ACE
SBI CashBack
One Card LTF
IDFC Wealth Card LTF
Amazon Pay ICICI LTF

All my cards have a limit of 3L+ except SBI Cashback (34k) and most of my spending is around Traveling, Shopping, Eating Out, Uber/Ola, and Amazon Gift Vouchers (no rent expenses).

My usual monthly spend is around 50-70K with occasional travel every 3 months (around 1.5-2L). I put most of my online expenses on SBI, Amazon Expenses on APay, and Offline on Axis Ace and I pay the bill with HDFC Bill Pay for 1% additional Cashback.

I've been offered HDFC DCB FYF by the bank (was looking for Infina but was rejected) since I have a long-term relationship with the bank and a salary account (not meeting Infinia salary eligibility yet).

so my question is, will getting DCB make sense? I'm sure if I move my expenses from my other cards to DCB I'll easily be able to meet the Fee Waiver criteria and I understand that it might help me long term with Infinia eligibility but will it be a good decision to move all my expenses to DCB card for this?

I live in a Tier-1 City and I don't think Acceptance will be a major issue (I won't be canceling the rest of my cards anyway and will use them if required).

I did try for LTF DCB as well but HDFC didn't budge (even after threatening to move my salary account).

Please advise!
@noobdipesh @S S V

Hi Everyone,

Axis ACE
SBI CashBack
One Card LTF
IDFC Wealth Card LTF
Amazon Pay ICICI LTF

Please advise!
Simple : get CL first , preferably above 8L and get DCB FYF

Check this thread out. Very well summarised by @aceventura

A little search would have sufficed otherwise.

Indian Meme GIF

Hi Everyone,

Axis ACE
SBI CashBack
One Card LTF
IDFC Wealth Card LTF
Amazon Pay ICICI LTF

Please advise!
you can get FYF DCB RN if you are ready to book flight and hotel with smartbuy site/use miles (as it gives 1:1 ratio) and card acceptance isn't a major issue if you are not going to use it for money rotation. Also request for LE simultaneously if you have already completed 6 month from the date on which you got last LE.

Check this thread out. Very well summarised by @aceventura

A little search would have sufficed otherwise.

Thank you for this. This is really helpful.
And thank you all for being so helpful.
I'll go ahead with the DCB card.
Just one question, on mail HDFC have said that the annual fee reversal will be on spending 5L but the form that they have shared has mentioned 8L for reversal? Is it because of the recent plastic and metal change?

Also, if I take a add on card for DCB, will my expenses on both will be clubbed and considered for the reversals?

Does DCB also have spend based lounge access? If yes, how does that work on add on card?

Thank you for this. This is really helpful.
And thank you all for being so helpful.
I'll go ahead with the DCB card.
Just one question, on mail HDFC have said that the annual fee reversal will be on spending 5L but the form that they have shared has mentioned 8L for reversal? Is it because of the recent plastic and metal change?
yes
Also, if I take a add on card for DCB, will my expenses on both will be clubbed and considered for the reversals?
yes, that's same for all bank, isn't it?
Does DCB also have spend based lounge access?
no.

Back