• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB to Infinia Upgrade Process

mojai

TF Buzz
Hi,

I have a DCB credit card with a 6 lakh limit since December 2021. Previously, I was using Diners Privilege card for close to 4 years before getting upgraded to DCB (upgrade was not possible due to ban on Diners). I now want to upgrade to Infinia. My average monthly spend is around 80,000 but never really felt the need to increase my credit limit.

Please note that I do not have an HDFC account but have an ICICI bank credit card with 12.5 lakh limit.

Can someone help me with how to go about this? Possible solutions that I can think of:
  1. Upgrade my DCB limit first to 8 lakh and then try for Infinia
  2. Request a card to card application for Infinia using my ICICI credit card
  3. Open an HDFC bank account and then try for Infinia
Any other solutions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi,

I have a DCB credit card with a 6 lakh limit since December 2021. Previously, I was using Diners Privilege card for close to 4 years before getting upgraded to DCB (upgrade was not possible due to ban on Diners). I now want to upgrade to Infinia. My average monthly spend is around 80,000 but never really felt the need to increase my credit limit.

Please note that I do not have an HDFC account but have an ICICI bank credit card with 12.5 lakh limit.

Can someone help me with how to go about this? Possible solutions that I can think of:
  3. Open an HDFC bank account and then try...
Hi,

Today I had a discussion with them, the criteria's are:-

1. Existing HDFC card has to be at a limit of 10 Lakhs, 8 Lakhs criteria is revised now. I also have DCB of 7.73,000 but they denied.
2. Yes, you can do that one.
3. Your salary should be 3 Lakhs/month

In these conditions you will be offered Infinia by them.

Solution
Latest update on this - I visited HDFC branch today (one of the biggest in Mumbai). For anyone to upgrade to Infinia, bank needs only 2 criteria to be fulfilled:
  1. Last 6 months spend = 7.5 Lakh
  2. Current HDFC CC limit = 8 Lakh and above
No need to have any minimum income or any other. The guy said he can upgrade my DCB immediately if I meet the criteria above.

Latest update on this - I visited HDFC branch today (one of the biggest in Mumbai). For anyone to upgrade to Infinia, bank needs only 2 criteria to be fulfilled:
No need to have any minimum income or any other. The guy said he can upgrade my DCB immediately if I meet the criteria above.
i guess the Point number:2 is 10 Lakh not 8,
They actually revised it.

Hey,

Do they wait for the card statement to be generated, or as soon as I have spent 7.5 lakhs in the last 6 months, I can reach out to them for a card upgrade?

Spends for the last 6 months have been 4 lakhs, and this morning I placed an order worth 5 lakhs. Should I reach out to them now or wait for the statement to be generated?

Hi,

Increase your limit to 8 lakhs first, then spend 7.5 lakhs in 6 months. This’ll make you eligible for infinia.
C2C for infinia will not be processed.
Opening an account will not help directly unless you have good relations with branch banking team who can get you a branch banking head approval for infinia.

Hey,

Do they wait for the card statement to be generated, or as soon as I have spent 7.5 lakhs in the last 6 months, I can reach out to them for a card upgrade?

Spends for the last 6 months have been 4 lakhs, and this morning I placed an order worth 5 lakhs. Should I reach out to them now or wait for the statement to be generated?
Reach out to them if your limit is also 8 lakhs. They can seek exception basis spends.

Hey,

Wait 3 days for settlement to happen, call DCB RM and ask what are your last 6 month's spends. IF he says more than 8L, then you are good to go and can apply directly.

Hey,

Hey @Gaurav_96 - Did you eventually apply before statement getting generated? I am in a similar boat and wondering if I should wait for sometime or not. Have spent 7.7L with 10L limit on DCB.

Back