• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Debit card fee/Negative balance/advice on Bank account closure

KingAAR

TF Ace
I recently opened a BOI bank account hoping that I it would be zero fee.
They didn't give me an option to choose debit card either and gave me a 300fee debit card which I don't want to pay for unnecessarily and isn't even primary account for me.
SO if they charge me fee and account goes to -ve balance, will there be a problem or any other option...

I opened the account 2 weeks back and got the debit card today ...

They didn't give me an option to choose debit card either and gave me a 300fee debit card which I don't want to pay for unnecessarily and isn't even primary account for me.
SO if they charge me fee and account goes to -ve balance, will there be a problem or any other option...

You can either pay the debit card fees or they will start charging you for negative balance. The numbers will keep on piling up.

You can decide to not pay the money too by not communicating with the bank from now on till you die and they will freeze your account after 1-2 years due to no communication and no activity.

Is this a Zero monthly average balance account?

w
You can either pay the debit card fees or they will start charging you for negative balance. The numbers will keep on piling up.

You can decide to not pay the money too by not communicating with the bank from now on till you die and they will freeze your account after 1-2 years due to no communication and no activity.
will it cause any problem as pan is linked to bank etc

or is it better to close the account

Back