• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Defective apple watch from flipkart. Please suggest next steps ?

JSFinance

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I have bought apple watch from Flipkart in this GOAT sale using credit card and got the defective one. The defect was not visible while doing open box delivery. There is a small gap between case and screen which was noticed while setup. Also watch is not charging.

I raised issue with Flipkart and asked for replacement. My replacement request has went for approval with seller. Currently I am waiting for the response.

I want suggestions from this community on the next steps, if I don’t get the replacement from Flipkart.

1. How many days should I wait for response? Currently they asked me to wait till 25th July. Received watch on 22 July.
2. Should I go to apple service centre and ask for replacement/repair ?
3. Should I raise chargeback on my credit card ?
4. Should I go to consumer court ?

Please add something I missed which I should do to get this issue sorted.

Thanks,
Jaideep S

Hi all,

I have bought apple watch from Flipkart in this GOAT sale using credit card and got the defective one. The defect was not visible while doing open box delivery. There is a small gap between case and screen which was noticed while setup. Also watch is not charging.

I raised issue with Flipkart and asked for replacement. My replacement request has went for approval with seller. Currently I am waiting for the response.

I want suggestions from this community on the next steps, if I don’t get the replacement from Flipkart.

1. How many days should I wait for response? Currently they asked me to wait till 25th July. Received watch on 22 July.

Thanks,
Jaideep S
Go to apple service centre and ask for replacement/repair.. They will provide immediate resolution..

Hi all,

Thanks,
Jaideep S
1) Don't be surprised, you might even get replacement from the FK seller, depending upon your seller and their replacement policy.. I think you most likely will get replacement approval from the Seller itself by today EOD or by tomorrow..
2) If point no1 is not realised, you always have Apple support. Just take FK invoice to the nearest Apple suppoprt centre all will be sorted out swiftly.. You can do this anytime in the next one year ...

1721710659823.webp

So, moral of the story.. Dont get stressed out.. all will be fine..

All the best..

1) Don't be surprised, you might even get replacement from the FK seller, depending upon your seller and their replacement policy.. I think you most likely will get replacement approval from the Seller itself by today EOD or by tomorrow..
2) If point no1 is not realised, you always have Apple support. Just take FK invoice to the nearest Apple suppoprt centre all will be sorted out swiftly.. You can do this anytime in the next one year ...

View attachment 62105

So, moral of the story.. Dont get stressed out.. all will be fine..

All the best..
:) to my surprise you have pasted screenshot of the same watch. Thanks for your suggestions. I will not panic and wait for reply from Flipkart.

Reactions: SSV
Hi all,

Thanks,
Jaideep S
What is the update on this?

So here is the update till now:

25th July date was passed and Flipkart didn’t reply. I called apple support and they asked me to go to service centre and get my warranty updated. I went to Apple service centre and got to know my watch is out of warranty and they can’t update it.

They asked me to call apple support again if they can update it. But I got the report from them mentioning watch issues and it’s out of warranty. I shared that with Flipkart and still no reply from them.

I raised my grievance using consumer helpline portal INGRAM and got the call from Flipkart very next day. For next 2-3 days they called me and told me that they are working with seller. Now almost a week is passed and still no reply from them.

Now, I am thinking of 2 options:
1. Call apple support and see if they can update the warranty and get my watch fixed. But there’s a catch, if apple found any fabrication with the part they will not do it under warranty.

2. If warranty is not updated by Apple support as well, I will raise chargeback.

What do you guys think ?

So here is the update till now:

25th July date was passed and Flipkart didn’t reply. I called apple support and they asked me to go to service centre and get my warranty updated. I went to Apple service centre and got to know my watch is out of warranty and they can’t update it.

They asked me to call apple support again if they can update it. But I got the report from them mentioning watch issues and it’s out of warranty. I shared that with Flipkart and still no reply from them.

I raised my grievance using consumer helpline portal INGRAM and got the call from Flipkart very next day. For next 2-3 days they called me and told me that they are working with seller. Now almost a week is passed and still no reply from them.

Now, I am thinking of 2 options:
1. Call apple support and see if they can update the warranty and get my watch fixed. But there’s a catch, if apple found any fabrication with the part they will not do it under warranty.

2. If warranty is not updated by Apple support as well, I will raise chargeback.

What do you guys think ?
If you paid with a Visa debit, credit or pre-paid card, a chargeback is an option. If you need to make a chargeback claim, make sure you do it within 120 days of purchase.
The chargeback filing period for Mastercard cardholders is usually 120 days.
Rupay me 90 days hai.

Keep the timeline in mind. Na sune to kar dena chargeback bhai.

Might be he sold you refurbished or repaired product, kya cheating hai bhai..... OMG
It may be a fake/clone as the Chinese clones use the s/n imei of actual products that was registered long ago and shows as warranty expired even though its a fake.

Update: Finally, after fighting for 15 days I got the replacement which has warranty and genuine.

So, over the weekend Flipkart escalation desk again started calling me and finally they approved my replacement on Monday. However, they have to create a new replacement request under defective product category, earlier normal support people have created it under damaged product category which cannot be approved as per the escalation desk. Normal support doesn’t have permission to create under defective product category.

What worked for me:
1. Job sheet from apple service centre regarding the defects and warranty.

2. INGRAM portal helped here to get the traction of Flipkart. Otherwise I was not getting calls from flipkart.

Today, I got the call from Flipkart confirming that we have provided the replacement based on the complaint raised on consumer helpline and they are going to close it.

Back