• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Delete this thread

What is the cooldown period if I close my existing hdfc card and then apply for new card?

I want to do this because it's more difficult for me to upgrade than get it as a new card. My RM said I can apply after 10-15 days but I want to confirm if anyone has actually tried that.

Also, in worst case if I don't get the new upgraded card, can I apply back for the card I already closed?
What is your existing card with CL and what do you want as your new card?
Surrogate : Income docs / C2C?
Application Mode : online / offline?

I had 3 cards Hdfc mb+, swiggy and virtual rupay. Raised requests to close Swiggy and virtual cards on 27 Dec and completely closed on Jan 4th.
Applied for Tata nue card on Jan 6 and it was approved.

I had 3 cards Hdfc mb+, swiggy and virtual rupay. Raised requests to close Swiggy and virtual cards on 27 Dec and completely closed on Jan 4th.
Did your credit limit increase compared to the old cards?

Thanks for sharing.

Also, does anyone know if we can apply again for a closed card?

Last edited:
Existing card: Regalia Gold LTF
New card to apply for: Infinia

I have not yet closed it. I asked my RM to double confirm if I'll be able to apply after 10-15 days. Once she confirms, I'll close my Regalia.

She told me she could help me apply via my Income docs.
You can't just apply for INFINIA.

Either you will see pre-approved upgrade offer in your app/net banking.
Or, some bank official need to approve it for you, based on your NRV.
Don't close any card, if none of the above 2 have happened. Having an existing HDFC card is a pre-requisite for 99.99% people to get INIFINIA.

Read more about INIFINIA eligibility in forum by searching the keyword.

Dude, why are you so hyper? Had a fight with someone?

I already asked my RM. I was trying to confirm if what she is telling me is actually true or not based on the others experience.
Sorry saaar. not angry. I missed your detail about "10-15 days" from RM. (assuming it wasn't added later)
Kudos to you, if you had provided that info in the beginning itself.

Mom Ranimukerji GIF by Zee Studios

Back