• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Denied upgrade to HDFC Infinia

l0gic_b0mb

TF Neo
I have a HDFC Indigo XL Rewards Credit Card with 13.2L annual limit, and ~4L spends in the last 6 months.

I also meet the required income eligibility criteria for Infinia.

I recently talked to an RM and he told me that I must have 8L+ spends in the last 6 months to qualify for an upgrade. Or if I choose to, I can close my existing Indigo XL Rewards credit card, wait for 3 months and then re-apply for Infinia.

I don't want to lose the credit history on my current card (it's been active almost 5 years). Any suggestions on what can I do here?

Speak to your Branch Manager. RMs at HDFC have been proved to be useless / clueless most of the time. Also see if you can put any more spends on indigo card.

I have a HDFC Indigo XL Rewards Credit Card with 13.2L annual limit, and ~4L spends in the last 6 months.

I also meet the required income eligibility criteria for Infinia.

I recently talked to an RM and he told me that I must have 8L+ spends in the last 6 months to qualify for an upgrade. Or if I choose to, I can close my existing Indigo XL Rewards credit card, wait for 3 months and then re-apply for Infinia.

I don't want to lose the credit history on my current card (it's been active almost 5 years). Any suggestions on what can I do here?
Ur salary should be > 2.7L per month which is what my rm said when I initially asked infinia

I had a diner millenium card from hdfc which I never used. If there is an existing credit card already, HDFC apply strict criteria on usage history to offer upgrade. Spending big amount on that entry level card to build history made no sense to me. So, finally I closed the card and applied through RM few months later (salary criteria) and got infinia. I hold a basic saving account with HDFC.

Btw, I already had an FD of ~10L with HDFC when I applied for Infinia. It may have helped. But RM did not mention this. Just checked that salary criteria is matched.

I requested for upgrade from Diners Black Plastic to Infinia. HDFC rejected saying I do not meet the bank eligibility criteria. Spending > 7.5L in last 6 months seems to be the major criteria for upgrade.

I had a diner millenium card from hdfc which I never used. If there is an existing credit card already, HDFC apply strict criteria on usage history to offer upgrade. Spending big amount on that entry level card to build history made no sense to me. So, finally I closed the card and applied through RM few months later (salary criteria) and got infinia. I hold a basic saving account with HDFC.
Is it LTF one?

Back