• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation of Axis Cards. Possible alternatives to consider.

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
As we all know, the devaluation of several Axis Bank cards has impacted many of us on this forum.

But, some devaluations should not stop us from getting the most out of our spends. There won't be a like to like replacement in both cases. So, horses for courses will be the most likely approach. Their will be some overlap as well.

I have created this thread to come up with the list of possible alternatives targeting users in every segment. Please feel free to add more as per their experiences.

Travel and Hotels:
SBI Vistara Prime
IDFC Vistara
Amex Platinum Travel Card
Amex Gold Charge Card
Amex MRCC
Axis VI
Axis Atlas
DCB
Infinia

Lifestyle:
Amex Platinum Charge Card

Utilities and Government Spends incl NPS:
SBI Cards except Cashback Card
PNB Rupay select
Amex Gold (NPS)

Online Shopping:
Kotak Myntra
Amazon Pay

Food Orders and Groceries:
Kotak Myntra (for Swiggy)
Amex Gold (for discounted GV and multiplier)
Tata Neu Infinity

Feel free to add more. Will update them.

I have Flipkart Axis card. Where I am hit a bit is Myntra transactions. Don't have a very good alternative in my collection. Still its the same card or Tata Neu Infinity, both giving only 1.5 percent. Will perhaps have to buy Myntra vouchers from Axis Grabdeals or HDFC Smartbuy for Myntra. Does Tata Neu Infinity give reward points for government spends?

NEED CLARIFICATION :
I got my Flipkart axis as LTF, but got an message with revised terms and conditions. In that one point is regarding charge of Annual fee of 500 for spends less than 3.5 lakhs.
So its this chargeable now or LTF free only as it was initially issued as LTF.

Back