• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Difference between Corporate Credit Card and Purchase Credit Card

CXO

TF Buzz
What is the difference between Corporate Credit Card and Purchase Credit Card?

I'm specifically referring to HDFC's ones. (If there are any better ones, please suggest.) From a rewards point of view which one is better.

What I understand is both are on the Corporate (company) PAN and not individual PAN. While the Corporate credit does include your name.

I'm looking for the best one to have on the company PAN (so it doesn't mix up with my personal pan) and also to add GST.

Thanks in advance

What is the difference between Corporate Credit Card and Purchase Credit Card?

I'm specifically referring to HDFC's ones. (If there are any better ones, please suggest.) From a rewards point of view which one is better.

What I understand is both are on the Corporate (company) PAN and not individual PAN. While the Corporate credit does include your name.

I'm looking for the best one to have on the company PAN (so it doesn't mix up with my personal pan) and also to add GST.

Thanks in advance
Main difference.

1. Purchase cards - interest rate less and txns settlement fast.

2. Corporate cards - Similar with Normal CC TnC but issued for company's only.

Purchase Cards (P-Cards) and Corporate Cards are two types of credit cards issued to employees by businesses, but they serve different purposes and have distinct features.

Here's a comparison between the two:

Feature
Purchase Cards (P-Cards)
Corporate Cards
Primary UseSpecific procurement-related purchases (e.g., office supplies, small equipment).General business expenses (e.g., travel, lodging, meals, client entertainment).
Spending ControlsHighly restricted, often limited to certain vendors and purchase categories.Broader usage, with fewer restrictions, typically used for travel and entertainment.
ReconciliationRequires detailed reconciliation with receipts, invoices, and statements.Requires expense reports, focusing on business purpose and policy compliance.
Approval ProcessOften requires pre-approval, especially for large or non-standard purchases.Typically requires post-purchase approval through expense reporting, pre-approval for large expenses.
Risk ManagementStricter controls, with close monitoring to prevent fraud or misuse.Managed through spending analytics and policy adherence, with alerts for non-compliance.
Employee AccountabilityStrict adherence to procurement policies, with detailed documentation required.Responsible for timely, accurate expense reporting; adherence to broader company policies.
Best Suited ForStreamlining procurement processes and enforcing compliance with specific purchasing rules.Managing diverse business expenses, particularly those incurred during travel.

Back