• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Digibank DBS Video KYC Related

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
Hello guys,

Does DBS freeze accounts if the address is outside of the city they're operating?

I was able to complete video kyc from a far location where the branch is located. I'm skeptical to keep funds there as I was checking forums and came to know that they freeze accounts and force to visit branch for clarification?

So if they checked the location is outside
Then why they accepted the video kyc in the first place.
They should Stop there and tell you to do vkyc from a serviceable location only.

PS. If you are not in their serviceable area why are you trying to keep sound money on this account? Keep it for small value transactions and every day use. If you are not an existing customer, then open a bank account nearest to your home with a bank like sbi, bob, Pnb or hdfc, icici or axis keep your money and love tension free life...

So if they checked the location is outside
Then why they accepted the video kyc in the first place.
They should Stop there and tell you to do vkyc from a serviceable location only.

PS. If you are not in their serviceable area why are you trying to keep sound money on this account? Keep it for small value transactions and every day use. If you are not an existing customer, then open a bank account nearest to your home with a bank like sbi, bob, Pnb or hdfc, icici or axis keep your money and love tension free life...
👍🏻 Well said! Since I already opened the account and there was a time period of 14 days to close the account. I decided to close this one

DBS Digibank was the first fully-digital bank account.

As soon as they were given license, I opened a SB account with them in 08/2016. Then, no VKYC. Their 3rd party guy came home to collect papers.

In 08/2023, I closed it.

The best part is - free n instant fund transfers to anywhere in the world - used to transfer funds to kids then.

My wife maintains her DBS Digibank SB account even now. For the Big Basket cobranded DC.

As soon as they were given license, I opened a SB account with them in 08/2016. Then, no VKYC. Their 3rd party guy came home to collect papers.

In 08/2023, I closed it.

The best part is - free n instant fund transfers to anywhere in the world - used to transfer funds to kids then.

My wife maintains her DBS Digibank SB account even now. For the Big Basket cobranded DC.
I have closed it within 14 days after opening it. I was excited to try DBS but as soon as I started using it, simply didn't like.🙃

I have closed it within 14 days after opening it. I was excited to try DBS but as soon as I started using it, simply didn't like.🙃
Don't know when you used it.
But I have 1st hand experience with it in the days when digibank was the king and queen of digital only banking.

But my experience was much better. I would say it worked much smoother and better than then big players or giant banks.

I had very good experience with them.

In 08/2023, I closed it.

In those 7 years, DBS App or DBS Net banking site NEVER failed or went down even once. Rock solid. Always working n dependable. All outward transfers were free. Including outward Forex remittances. Never was a need to call them or email them.

Just contrast it with my dealing with HDFC. Exactly at the other end, 180 degrees opposite. App or Netbanjking - forever work-in-progress. Always undependable. CustomerCare or emails...strictly avoidable. Never helpful, nor useful.

I should not have closed DBS account. I regret it....

In those 7 years, DBS App or DBS Net banking site NEVER failed or went down even once. Rock solid. Always working n dependable. All outward transfers were free. Including outward Forex remittances. Never was a need to call them or email them.

Just contrast it with my dealing with HDFC. Exactly at the other end, 180 degrees opposite. App or Netbanjking - forever work-in-progress. Always undependable. CustomerCare or emails...strictly avoidable. Never helpful, nor useful.

I should not have closed DBS account. I regret it....
I miss it.

I opened a DBS Growth Max Savings Account today. It has 1 lakh AMB but it comes with Times Prime every year and has nice cash-back and offers so decided to take it. I have a company in Singapore so decided to take it.

Back