• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Diners Black PVC Card Benefits Limitation !

subham23

TF Select
I've Diners Black PVC LTF with 8 Lakhs limit but now-a-days i see benefits are very limited.
Even bank is not ready to upgrade to Diners Black Metal.

1. Gyftr reward points - 3x (Amazon gift card voucher around 8% return)
2. accelerated reward points limitation 2500 per day (cant useful to book hotel/flight more than 7.5k per day)
3. accelerated reward points limitation 7500 per month (cant buy 5x/10x category more than 45k or 22.5k per month)
4. upto 70% reward points redemption
5. reward points exclusion list is increasing every-time
6. online reward points 3.3% is less than many other available cards (Yes Marquee 4.5%, SBI Cashback 5% etc)
7. No movie benefits

Any help on how to best use this card for ONLINE big spends rather than using for unlimited airport lounge. Thanks !

It is what it is.. use for 1 to 3 thats it along obvious unlimited lounge.

btw, same for DCB metal and Infinia with minor change in 1st point.

2,3,4,5,6,7 - same for all three cards.
sure, thanks for reply, but no. 2 and 3 are the major difference i want :)
Diners black metal is 10k and Infinia is 15k per day/per month limit.

I've Diners Black PVC LTF with 8 Lakhs limit but now-a-days i see benefits are very limited.
Even bank is not ready to upgrade to Diners Black Metal.

1. Gyftr reward points - 3x (Amazon gift card voucher around 8% return)
2. accelerated reward points limitation 2500 per day (cant useful to book hotel/flight more than 7.5k per day)
3. accelerated reward points limitation 7500 per month (cant buy 5x/10x category more than 45k or 22.5k per month)
4. upto 70% reward points redemption
5. reward points exclusion list is increasing every-time
6. online reward points 3.3% is less than many other available cards (Yes Marquee 4.5%, SBI Cashback 5% etc)
7. No movie benefits

Any help on how to best use this card for ONLINE big spends rather than using for unlimited airport lounge. Thanks !
I think HDFC will more than happy to upgrade your to DCB metal as they sent me upgrade offers 3 times already to convert my DCB ltf to DCB metal first year free. I think DCB ltf is better if you are not much of a high spender and want to utilize smartbuy every now and then. I prefer it even than paid infinia just cause it's ltf and gives 3.3% based reward anyway in most of the places..(after rupay has tied up with diners I didn't face any acceptance issues except 1 or 2 places until now).

sure, thanks for reply, but no. 2 and 3 are the major difference i want :)
Diners black metal is 10k and Infinia is 15k per day/per month limit.

But still your requirement is

Any help on how to best use this card for ONLINE big spends rather than using for unlimited airport lounge.

and when we compare this requirement with below reward rate - its no changes in all three cards.

Its same 3.33% for online big spends.

to benefit these cards:

- need to rely heavily on gyftr brands (use them for offline or online shopping, food, bills etc.)
- use smartbuy hotels/flights (but same if you compare other online portals, do adjust the prices)

rest,
- no movie benefits
- upto 70% reward redemption
- online reward rate 3.3%
- reward exclusion list

as mentioned,

If you can 'use for 1 to 3 thats it' otherwise all three same. It doesn't serve your purpose if you're looking into that one online big spends criteria except plan early and accumulate vouchers.

Last edited:
But still your requirement is

and when we compare this requirement with below reward rate - its no changes in all three cards.

Its same 3.33% for online big spends.

to benefit these cards:

- need to rely heavily on gyftr brands (use them for offline or online shopping, food, bills etc.)
- use smartbuy hotels/flights (but same if you compare other online portals, do adjust the prices)

rest,
- no movie benefits
- upto 70% reward redemption
- online reward rate 3.3%
- reward exclusion list

as mentioned,

If you can 'use for 1 to 3 thats it' otherwise all three same. It doesn't serve your purpose if you're looking into that one online big spends criteria except plan early and accumulate vouchers.
now fully understand your previous post bro, cheers !

I think HDFC will more than happy to upgrade your to DCB metal as they sent me upgrade offers 3 times already to convert my DCB ltf to DCB metal first year free. I think DCB ltf is better if you are not much of a high spender and want to utilize smartbuy every now and then. I prefer it even than paid infinia just cause it's ltf and gives 3.3% based reward anyway in most of the places..(after rupay has tied up with diners I didn't face any acceptance issues except 1 or 2 places until now).
that's true, thinking same, mostly for offline spends, i can keep and use this card (after exhausting all smartbuy/gyftr benefits each month)

Back