• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Discussion: Possibility of a card-to-card application using OneCard

akshayhs

TF Legend
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has been successful with applying for another bank's credit card using your OneCard credit card (credit limit of 50k). I got my OneCard issued without any CIBIL enquiry (whether soft/hard). So my first credit card was relatively easy to obtain.

But I have been trying to get Amazon Pay ICICI and Axis Flipkart, but those applications have been rejected by the banks. (To calrify, this was before getting the OneCard, to be more specific).

Also will card-to-card applications result in a hard credit enquiry?

Unfortunately, I had applied for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit card due to their current offer and because it was a second enquiry for the same card within 3 months, my CIBIL score took a heavy toll.

So I am just enquiring about these two points.

Last edited:
No bank will accept OneCard for card to card application. I've tried that and they flatly refused to accept it.

And yes, CIBIL inquiry is done for C2C. In some cases, where you already have CC of the same bank or they value your business then they might not, its rare though.

Normally major banks credit cards are accepted for c2c applications.

I dont think one card can be used for c2c applications.
Also will card-to-card applications result in a hard credit enquiry?
Yes!
But I have been trying to get Amazon Pay ICICI and Axis Flipkart, but those applications have been rejected by the banks.
Its may be because of one card. See if one card is issued by bob or federal bank, they can consider. But again they dont mention the exact reason for declining the application. I recommend use a Well established card for c2c application.
I was wondering if anyone has been successful with applying for another bank's credit card using your OneCard credit card.
Never heard of someone getting successful using one card as on 31 march 😂.

How much did your Cibil decrease?
My CIBIL was hovering around 750+.

Initially, it was 753 in jan '22, then 763 in 'feb 22.

The month of March started well with 772, but then I had an EMI that was reported in March and the CIBIL the score went down to 736.

Now, after the enquiry from Axis bank, it is at 728.

Strange that it decreased so much ... My Cibil has many enquiries in past few months but this was not the case ...

It's still 750+
I just checked for it today on HDFC. Score has improved to 760.

Now, I am not sure if the small dip was due to the hard enquiry but I have no historic experience in these matters. So I genuinely don't know what happened there.

The drip from 770+ 736 was due to a new loan account reported in my account. I was mostly aware of that but I didn't expect it to drop so much.

How easy/challenging is it to apply for sbi simply click. I have a zero balance a/c with them for 5 years. No other relationship.
SBI is moody bank, I've a friend who applied in some mall and was rejected, then one fine day after few months suddenly got a call to come to branch and receive the card, that was in 2017 at that time he got limit of 19k, now he has limit of over 1.2 lacs but at the same time when I apply (irrespective of the method) they not only give me lot of hassle they don't give card either.

I've given up on having SBI card as they don't give LTF either and I now have midrange cards like Millennia for LTF, so....

I would suggest first using whatere card you have for year or so, then apply C2C using that card.

@anirbanm Funny story. Today, got a call from HDFC (I hold an account for a year now) and they called me to confirm my interest in their card. Within 10-15 mins, the bank staff on phone took my details, sent a form with all of it and asked me to upload income proof. She said post verification, (Millennia) card will be dispatched within 7 days. 😂

Back