• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do I need to resubmit documents, if I am already an existing customer of ICICI Credit Card?

ltf4ever

TF Legend
hi all,

i already have an icici amazon cc.
i recently applied for a platinum chip cc as it is also lft for all.

now the bank wants me to upload a whole lot of documents like the ones that are required while opening a new relationship.

1) if i already have one credit card with icici, do i need to do kyc and doc submission once again?

2) if i dont upload these docs, maybe the application will get rejected. will this rejection impact my credit score in any way? i think it should not, as the rejection won't be based on my ability to repay or my credit-riskiness, but because of the application going stale.

Solution
i checked again today and the status still shows as document upload pending. there are 7 documents that need to be uploaded, which i really don't want to do.
will the bank provide me the new card without these docs and limit based on the existing card in hold? or will it let the application go stale?
Yes, they want you to upload it again as you are applying for fresh application.

It will be pending till you upload documents and submit it.
Customer care will call you for uploading your documents once.
If you tell them that you dont want to upload or you want to apply via card 2 card then they will tell you to visit the branch and complete it.

If you have documents then its advisable to submit it and complete the application...
hi all,

now the bank wants me to upload a whole lot of documents like the ones that are required while opening a new relationship.

1) if i already have one credit card with icici, do i need to do kyc and doc submission once again?

2) if i dont upload these docs, maybe the application will get rejected. will this rejection impact my credit score in any way? i think it should not, as the rejection won't be based on my ability to repay or my credit-riskiness, but because of the application going stale.
1. They can ask for documents to check for Limit Enhancement. - It's normal.
2. One enquiry or rejection won't affect your CIBIL - ICICI made 3-5 hard enquiry on my CIBIL and gave none. *personal experience*

No harm in issuing documents again. You could also request for a limit increase along with the new card.
Dont worry about CIBIL score, the change even if it happens will be negligible.
But make sure u dont apply for 3-4 cards in a short span.

i checked again today and the status still shows as document upload pending. there are 7 documents that need to be uploaded, which i really don't want to do.
will the bank provide me the new card without these docs and limit based on the existing card in hold? or will it let the application go stale?
hi all,

Do u have a icici account or icici credit card..???

Yes, they want you to upload it again as you are applying for fresh application.

If you tell them that you dont want to upload or you want to apply via card 2 card then they will tell you to visit the branch and complete it.

If you have documents then its advisable to submit it and complete the application else it will not be complete application.

If you dont have documents then visit branch and apply with any agent giviving him card statements.

Regarding your credit history, if that application is pending without any documents, it will do no harm to your credit profile.
Just there will be one hard enquiry from the bank when you filled that application and thats not going to impact much.

This is what I have personally experienced from ICICI bank even though I have Amazon pay card and ICICI regular savings account.

Even after 6 months, that application is still there and asking documents.
I hope this clarifies your question.

Last edited:
Solution
hi all,

dont apply for platinum directly. apply for expressions which requires no docs and upgrade to platinum. i guess there is a video about this topic.

It is just lazy from the bank part. They have all the customer information. Same thing happend with me when I asked for Coral card. I already have a ICICI amazon card. I flatly refused to share fresh set of documents.
I am sure few days later they will follow up and will issue based on existing relationship and not ask me for fresh documents. Will let you know if I have an update

If you have documents then its advisable to submit it and complete the application else it will not be complete application.
If you dont have documents then visit branch and apply with any agent giviving him card statements.

This is what I have personally experienced from ICICI bank even though I have Amazon pay card and ICICI regular savings account.

Even after 6 months, that application is still there and asking documents.
I hope this clarifies your question.
i have all the documents and don't need the card as such. it's just that cobranded cards are not accepted for some icici offers that's why i thought of applying for it as it was showing ltf and no docs required. i even told the customer care that take whatever data they want from my existing icici card relationships, as i dont want to go through the hassle of uploading 7 documents. i am not even worried about the application pending for 6 months and would like it to go stale, just worried that it should not appear as a 'rejected' card on any of my credit scores.

It gives you to enter your existing relationship with icic when u apply for credit card...
U can select from savings account, salary account, loan and credit card... Didnt u received such options
i did..and i mentioned it from their list with the hope that it will help me bypass documentation and get a good limit

Back