• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do SBI cashback card give 5% cashback on Paytm bus?

Hi, I recently tried to book a bus from Paytm Travel and pay via my SBI cashback, but the SMS containing verification OTP shows the merchant name as "PAYTM WALL". Hence I got confused as it might be a merchant name for paytm wallet, in which case I wouldn't get any cashback.

Can anyone tell if this merchant name is for paytm wallet loading? Or did anyone receive cashback on Paytm bus transactions?

Hi, I recently tried to book a bus from Paytm Travel and pay via my SBI cashback, but the SMS containing verification OTP shows the merchant name as "PAYTM WALL". Hence I got confused as it might be a merchant name for paytm wallet, in which case I wouldn't get any cashback.

Can anyone tell if this merchant name is for paytm wallet loading? Or did anyone receive cashback on Paytm bus transactions?
You have to check with merchant code from sbi website.

So. it seems like the payment happened through Paytm wallet only, as the payment receipt mention "Wallet" as a mode of transaction. The merchant name came as "PAYTM NOIDA IN" and according to SBI spend analyzer, it is counted as a utility payment. Hence, there will be no cashback.

For My Transaction for Bus Booking it is showing me PAYTM TRAVEL ,So will I get 5% Cashback on My SBI Cashback Card?

@Aranya12345
you should get provided the eligible MCC is tagged. you will know it in 2 to 3 days anyway.Please do let us know th outcome. thanks

I think getting cashback on this SBI card is like Gpay's scratch cards: Sometimes you get cashback, and sometimes it's "Better luck next time". Hence, congrats who got their cashback.
For My Transaction for Bus Booking it is showing me PAYTM TRAVEL ,So will I get 5% Cashback on My SBI Cashback Card?

@Aranya12345
I think "Paytm Travel" Marchant should be eligible for cashback, but it all depends on the MCC code, which we have no way of knowing beforehand. Let me know if you get cashback.

For me, I didn't get any cashback for my whole trip, which includes my hotel booking on MMT and Flipkart Travels and this bus booking on Paytm. I guess I have bad luck in this scratch card game lol. This card became a complete waste of money for me (yes, I got this card after devaluation).

I think getting cashback on this SBI card is like Gpay's scratch cards: Sometimes you get cashback, and sometimes it's "Better luck next time". Hence, congrats who got their cashback.

I think "Paytm Travel" Marchant should be eligible for cashback, but it all depends on the MCC code, which we have no way of knowing beforehand. Let me know if you get cashback.

For me, I didn't get any cashback for my whole trip, which includes my hotel booking on MMT and Flipkart Travels and this bus booking on Paytm. I guess I have bad luck in this scratch card game lol. This card became a complete waste of money for me (yes, I got this card after devaluation).
Actually, I don't know what happened in your case, even after devaluation, this card is still good and consistent in giving cashback. There is no hit and miss.
The workflow matters here, means from which site / app you start and the end point for payment with SBI CB card.
Whatever MCCs they have excluded, they are not giving CB, but whatever MCCs they have allowed they are giving CB.

What I would suggest is:, you try with a small transaction and see whether you got CB or not in the next 2 to 3 days then do your main transaction.

In my opinion, it is still the best CB card out there in the market with 5K monhtly limit and 2,00,000 spend limit for 999 fee waiver even afer devaluation..
This is a must have Card in once portfolio for miscellaneous online spends and this is the USP of SBI Cashback Card...

Last edited:
Back