• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does Anyone Know Which Categories Come Under Surcharge for PayZapp Transactions?

I've been using PayZapp for a long time before COVID-19 for fuel transactions and utility payments. I stopped using it when I got credit cards with better cashback rates. Recently, I made the mistake of loading my PayZapp wallet with around ₹10,000 from my HDFC credit card. My intention was to transfer some amount to my bank from the card. After that, I looked for ways to transfer the same amount to my bank account free of cost, but unfortunately, I didn't find any. Hence, I thought to spend it on other usual transactions.

My brother is coming for vacation next month, and we as a family have been planning some trips. So, I decided to use it for booking some railway tickets. I used the PayZapp wallet for three ticket purchases, totaling almost ₹5-6k. Only after making these transactions did I realize that PayZapp is charging an extra surcharge on top of all other usual charges (IRCTC convenience charges, payment gateway charges). This surcharge was almost 1-2% extra of the ticket price, applied only to the wallet and not visible in the actual ticket amount.

I tried searching the internet for information regarding this but failed to find any. So, I decided to stop using my wallet. Unfortunately, in order to exhaust my remaining balance, I used the wallet today for some bus ticket purchases on my state transport corporation's official portal. After making the purchase, I found out that I was charged ₹20 (surcharge) for a total ticket cost of ₹200 (to and return).

Now, I'm completely frustrated and have decided not to use my wallet anymore. But I am curious to know if the majority of people are aware of such surcharges. That's why I'm posting here. Does anyone know which categories come under surcharge for PayZapp transactions?

bhauka11

TF Select
I've been using PayZapp for a long time before COVID-19 for fuel transactions and utility payments. I stopped using it when I got credit cards with better cashback rates. Recently, I made the mistake of loading my PayZapp wallet with around ₹10,000 from my HDFC credit card. My intention was to transfer some amount to my bank from the card. After that, I looked for ways to transfer the same amount to my bank account free of cost, but unfortunately, I didn't find any. Hence, I thought to spend it on other usual transactions.

My brother is coming for vacation next month, and we as a family have been planning some trips. So, I decided to use it for booking some railway tickets. I used the PayZapp wallet for three ticket purchases, totaling almost ₹5-6k. Only after making these transactions did I realize that PayZapp is charging an extra surcharge on top of all other usual charges (IRCTC convenience charges, payment gateway charges). This surcharge was almost 1-2% extra of the ticket price, applied only to the wallet and not visible in the actual ticket amount.

I tried searching the internet for information regarding this but failed to find any. So, I decided to stop using my wallet. Unfortunately, in order to exhaust my remaining balance, I used the wallet today for some bus ticket purchases on my state transport corporation's official portal. After making the purchase, I found out that I was charged ₹20 (surcharge) for a total ticket cost of ₹200 (to and return).

Now, I'm completely frustrated and have decided not to use my wallet anymore. But I am curious to know if the majority of people are aware of such surcharges. That's why I'm posting here. Does anyone know which categories come under surcharge for PayZapp transactions?
You can do fastag recharge without any surcharge.. Mobile recharge as well..

Also, you can buy smartbuy vouchers and pay via wallet at no surcharge

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
FinTech Founder/Co-Founder
I use the PayZapp virtual credit card to make online purchases at multiple merchants. No surcharge.