• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does easyshop Platinum debit card gives 5% cashback for irctc tickets via smartbuy?

b4bhar

TF Premier
Does easyshop Platinum debit card gives 5% cashback for irctc tickets via smartbuy? How many days will it take for the cashback to reflect in the account?

Yes, you do get 5% cashback.
It is typically posted within 3 days.
Unless you are doing a time-sensitive booking (8 am, 10 am, 11 am) always, I repeat always, use HDFC SmartBuy with an HDFC CC/DC to buy train tickets. For months, they have not even been charging the CC surcharge that even IRCTC charges. The amount shown in the OTP is what is getting posted in the statement too.

Yes, you do get 5% cashback.
It is typically posted within 3 days.
Unless you are doing a time-sensitive booking (8 am, 10 am, 11 am) always, I repeat always, use HDFC SmartBuy with an HDFC CC/DC to buy train tickets. For months, they have not even been charging the CC surcharge that even IRCTC charges. The amount shown in the OTP is what is getting posted in the statement too.
Thank you. I was using Swiggy card earlier but i also have medicines through smartbuy which i need to order. But the limit per month is only 1000, right? So, i thought of using Debit card for these transactions as swiggy card doesnt give any additional cb because it treats this a govt transaction. Debit card also gives 5% cb and i have 1000 additional limit now?

Thank you. I was using Swiggy card earlier but i also have medicines through smartbuy which i need to order. But the limit per month is only 1000, right? So, i thought of using Debit card for these transactions as swiggy card doesnt give any additional cb because it treats this a govt transaction. Debit card also gives 5% cb and i have 1000 additional limit now?
If you are already exhausting the Rs 1000 cashback limit on the HDFC Swiggy card then don't bother using that on SmartBuy. If not feel free to use it. This won't be classified as a Govt. transaction. It will show up as IRCTC SMARTBUY on your statement.
As @6ix9ine pointed out, DC 5% cashback will be posted in 90 days but CC 5% cashback is posted in 3 days.

If you are already exhausting the Rs 1000 cashback limit on the HDFC Swiggy card then don't bother using that on SmartBuy. If not feel free to use it. This won't be classified as a Govt. transaction. It will show up as IRCTC SMARTBUY on your statement.
As @6ix9ine pointed out, DC 5% cashback will be posted in 90 days but CC 5% cashback is posted in 3 daydays
Yes, as i have around 10k medicine expenditure which i order using swiggy from pharmeasy via smartbuy. This gives 15% cb.

Also, swiggy card didn't give any cashback for the irctc transaction. I only got cashback from smartbuy. I even requested the breakdown. It was mentioned 0% cashback

Hello guys 👋
I have some confusion regarding smartbuy instant voucher purchase.....
This was my first time to use smartbuy
I also attach a screenshot here
There will be showing that I get 500 cashback... Can anyone tell me where was this cashback was credit?? 🤔 🤔

Please help ❓ ❓

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-27-05-15-18-203_com.android.chrome-edit.webp
    Screenshot_2024-09-27-05-15-18-203_com.android.chrome-edit.webp
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
Hello guys 👋
I have some confusion regarding smartbuy instant voucher purchase.....
This was my first time to use smartbuy
I also attach a screenshot here
There will be showing that I get 500 cashback... Can anyone tell me where was this cashback was credit?? 🤔 🤔

Please help ❓ ❓
Under your debit card reward points in online banking / mobile app. You need to redeem the reward points in multiples of 250 and it is posted as cashback in your savings account.

Back