• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HDFC allow balance refund facility on its CREDIT CARD?

CardCraftsman.

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I had done 90,000 payment towards a hdfc credit card by mistake. So i want to know is there any way to get in bank directly liks many banks provide (sbi,axis etc) as 90,000 is 3-4X of card limit(25,000).

Note-It is a rupay credit card and i tried to transfer money through upi but i was failed in that cuz after passing 24,000, I was getting notification containing balance insufficient.

I had done 90,000 payment towards a hdfc credit card by mistake. So i want to know is there any way to get in bank directly liks many banks provide (sbi,axis etc) as 90,000 is 3-4X of card limit(25,000).

Note-It is a rupay credit card and i tried to transfer money through upi but i was failed in that cuz after passing 24,000, I was getting notification containing balance insufficient.
They do refund the money. Just send them a mail on cc customer care.

You can remove 25k every 2-3 days, when the amount gets settled.

This is my experience. I asked for bank transfer but they informed that refund will be done through only DD.
Asked by which means of communication?
Why coz I'm being asked to post a request letter (with some attachments) to their Chennai address, for them to process for refund. They refused to take refund request over email to customer care!

Refund only through DD is another uniqueness of HDFC. I have received refunds from two other banks by bank transfer on request through email. In fact, SBI itself sent me a message about excess balance and the refund was effected through the app.

Back