• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HSBC send rejection email if our credit card application is rejected?

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
Got the card and make 6k worth transaction in Dmart for groceries. Hoping for 10% cb. I need to spend 4k more within 30 days to get 1k apay voucher
Nice! You can check with customer care if your transaction is eligible for 10% cb or not. You can either call them or chat with them via mobile app (like I did & they confirmed that my DMart transaction MCC Code was 5411 which is eligible for 10%).

b4bhar

TF Select
Nice! You can check with customer care if your transaction is eligible for 10% cb or not. You can either call them or chat with them via mobile app (like I did & they confirmed that my DMart transaction MCC Code was 5411 which is eligible for 10%).
Did you chat with them after the transaction was settled? Currently the transaction shows as pending

b4bhar

TF Select
The surprising thing is the customer care confirmed the MCC is 5411 and is not eligible for cashback. He swiggy (5499) is eligible though . I'm confused now whether to continue making dmart purchases

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
The surprising thing is the customer care confirmed the MCC is 5411 and is not eligible for cashback. He swiggy (5499) is eligible though . I'm confused now whether to continue making dmart purchases
Lol! They are confused themselves. I had a chat with CC yesterday about a grocery order I placed on amazon, they said that the MCC code for it is 5411 and I should get 10% for it.

After reading your message, I wanted to double check and so reached out to them again just now, and now they are saying some of my 5411 transactions are eligible while other 5411s are not. I guess we'll have to wait till the cashback gets credited to find out.

b4bhar

TF Select
Lol! They are confused themselves. I had a chat with CC yesterday about a grocery order I placed on amazon, they said that the MCC code for it is 5411 and I should get 10% for it.

After reading your message, I wanted to double check and so reached out to them again just now, and now they are saying some of my 5411 transactions are eligible while other 5411s are not. I guess we'll have to wait till the cashback gets credited to find out.
That's incorrect information, isn't it? It's clearly mentioned that cashback is based on MCC defined by VISA. So, if its 5411, it should be eligible. Also, many confirmed that dmart was indeed eligible cashaback. So, this is really surprising.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Anyway we will get 1000 voucher for 10k spends though

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
That's incorrect information, isn't it? It's clearly mentioned that cashback is based on MCC defined by VISA. So, if its 5411, it should be eligible. Also, many confirmed that dmart was indeed eligible cashaback. So, this is really surprising.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Anyway we will get 1000 voucher for 10k spends though
As I said, they are confused themselves. Below are the screenshots of the conversation I referred to in my previous message -

P. S. - Avenue Supermarts Ltd. = DMart

Attachments

• IMG-20240514-WA0006_1_1.jpg
    IMG-20240514-WA0006_1_1.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20240514-WA0004_1.jpg
    IMG-20240514-WA0004_1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20240514-WA0002_1_1.jpg
    IMG-20240514-WA0002_1_1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 7

b4bhar

TF Select
As I said, they are confused themselves. Below are the screenshots of the conversation I referred to in my previous message -

P. S. - Avenue Supermarts Ltd. = DMart
I still can't believe the thought process behind this - payment done using amazon pay upi wallet. If so, why the hell would that reflect on your credit card as a transaction? It would rather be on the apay wallet.

But, finally he says all transactions with MCC 5411 are eligible, right?

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
I still can't believe the thought process behind this - payment done using amazon pay upi wallet. If so, why the hell would that reflect on your credit card as a transaction? It would rather be on the apay wallet.

But, finally he says all transactions with MCC 5411 are eligible, right?
😂😂😂... Yes, 5411 should get 10%.