• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does ICICI Bank issue a new Platinum Credit Card in Mastercard network instead of Visa upon request?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I already own an Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card. But, for regular ICICI Bank-specific merchant offers where the Amazon Pay cards are excluded, I need another ICICI Bank credit card. So, I am thinking of applying a Platinum credit card through card-to-card basis.

As far as I know, the ICICI Platinum credit card is issued on Visa network only. But I need it on Mastercard network instead. Does anyone know if ICICI issues a card on a particular network upon request?

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

But would they issue the Mastercard variant upon explicit request on 𝕏 on card-to-card basis? Because this is issued on Visa network by default. And as per my experience, mostly contacting the customer care and requesting them anything explicitly is like talking to a brick wall.
When you got call from icici after request through X you can simply ask them to give in master variant

he is Rupay lover
Haha. I like Mastercard and Visa more than RuPay, but that doesn't mean I dislike RuPay. I would avoid RuPay until NPCI fixes all the issues I have with it, such as managing standing instructions on Netflix, Google, etc., supporting device tokenization for contactless (NFC) payments using phone, and better support for international payments.

hates MC to its core (as MC has some bad history with India, and have said bad things as well)
That's quite interesting considering a Sardarji was their CEO for a very long time. But I don't care about that, to be honest. That's a thing of the past.

When it comes to debit cards, I typically lean towards Mastercard over Visa and RuPay, since Mastercard uses 6-digit RRN/Transaction numbers, resulting in cleaner-looking bank account statements, compared to the 12-digit ones used by Visa and RuPay. However, for credit cards, I specifically opt for Visa and Mastercard (whichever is available) rather than RuPay for the aforementioned reasons. But this time I need a Mastercard because I got bored of seeing too many Visa cards. 😜

Haha. I like Mastercard and Visa more than RuPay, but that doesn't mean I dislike RuPay. I would avoid RuPay until NPCI fixes all the issues I have with it, such as managing standing instructions on Netflix, Google, etc., supporting device tokenization for contactless (NFC) payments using phone, and better support for international payments.

That's quite interesting considering a Sardarji was their CEO for a very long time. But I don't care about that, to be honest. That's a thing of the past.

When it comes to debit cards, I typically lean towards Mastercard over Visa and RuPay, since Mastercard uses 6-digit RRN/Transaction numbers, resulting in cleaner-looking bank account statements, compared to the 12-digit ones used by Visa and RuPay. However, for credit cards, I specifically opt for Visa and Mastercard (whichever is available) rather than RuPay for the aforementioned reasons. But this time I need a Mastercard because I got bored of seeing too many Visa cards. 😜
Israel have Mossad, US have CIA, Pakistan have ISI and India have RAW.

But here Mastercard have @ashwink MasterCard's secret agent. Today he will get promotion after reading your message.

By the way MasterCard is still doing some anti-India activities.

Anyway, 2 or 3 visa/mastercards are enough for netflix, google etc. NFC HCE payment through phone etc. RuPay JCB Cards have better acceptance on International payments.

RuPay Platinum debit cards give you better offer like 20% upto 100 off per month on mobile recharge, utility bills etc through Amazon.
Swiggy 20% upto 100 off per month.

I already own an Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card. But, for regular ICICI Bank-specific merchant offers where the Amazon Pay cards are excluded, I need another ICICI Bank credit card. So, I am thinking of applying a Platinum credit card through card-to-card basis.

As far as I know, the ICICI Platinum credit card is issued on Visa network only. But I need it on Mastercard network instead. Does anyone know if ICICI issues a card on a particular network upon request?
Yes ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Card available in Master Card network
Merrits - All features are same plus This MasterCard varient only offer domestic airport lounge access other like Visa not.

I just received a call from their Social Media team after I requested them on X for the Platinum credit card (Mastercard variant) on the basis of my Amazon Pay credit card.

They said that they would "Upgrade" the card, but issuing Mastercard variant won't be possible. They said that only the Visa variant can be issued as an "Upgrade". To get the Mastercard variant, I have to apply it from their website as a "fresh application." I proceeded with the Visa variant. 😛

Back