• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does ICICI Give A Second Chance For Video KYC?

Tejaa

TF Buzz
I wanted to open an ICICI savings account for my mother. I got to know we get the option of zero AMB account when applied with the Apay Card. Did the same, and selected a free digital savings account popup just before the VKYC but sadly the agent was a bit strict, due to a language problem I had to help my mother answer questions, he didn't like that and rejected VKYC. Now only getting an option of Physical KYC, which is useless since the main purpose is to get the savings account which I wouldn't get with Physical KYC.

Now my questions are:
1. I emailed ICICI asking for another retry of video KYC, do you think they will allow it? Is it worth waiting or should I go ahead with a direct account opening?
2. Since KYC is not complete for the Apay Card, technically it won't be a rejection so another retry she can give is after 6 months or after 1 month? Suppose by then she has a normal savings account with a platinum card.

I got to know we get the option of zero AMB account when applied with the Apay Card.
Which account variant are you talking about?
Did the same, and selected a free digital savings account popup just before the VKYC but sadly the agent was a bit strict, due to a language problem I had to help my mother answer questions, he didn't like that and rejected VKYC. Now only getting an option of Physical KYC, which is useless since the main purpose is to get the savings account which I wouldn't get with Physical KYC.
Select physical KYC no issue an agent will come and do the physical KYC the account variant remains the same no changes if physical KYC is done
I emailed ICICI asking for another retry of video KYC, do you think they will allow it? Is it worth waiting or should I go ahead with a direct account opening?
Go for physical KYC
Since KYC is not complete for the Apay Card, technically it won't be a rejection so another retry she can give is after 6 months or after 1 month? Suppose by then she has a normal savings account with a platinum card.
Can you explain this

Which account variant are you talking about?
When you opt for VKYC, you get an option to select Zero AMB digital savings account. It's posted in this forum, look it up.
Select physical KYC no issue an agent will come and do the physical KYC the account variant remains the same no changes if physical KYC is done
The account offer is only for VKYC, it asks for nomination details and account selection only when I opt for VKYC, no such option shows if I select physical KYC. Also the physical KYC is done by Amazon delivery staffs or ICICI bank employees?
Can you explain this
I mean, usually Amazon has a cool down period of 6 months na for card rejected cases. But here it's not technically rejected, just incomplete due to non KYC, so isme bhi kya next try after 6 months hi karne denge, suppose she gets a platinum/coral card before that, she can get apay card on shared limit na if they remove the cooling period in 1 month.

Last edited:
When you opt for VKYC, you get an option to select Zero AMB digital savings account. It's posted in this forum, look it up.
Don't fall for the trap read this
The account offer is only for VKYC, it asks for nomination details and account selection only when I opt for VKYC, no such option shows if I select physical KYC.
First, check if the account is zero balance or not or if any hidden charges are present or not any MAB
Also the physical KYC is done by Amazon delivery staffs or ICICI bank employees?
ICICI
I mean, usually Amazon has a cool down period of 6 months na for card rejected cases. But here it's mot technically rejected, just incomplete due to non KYC, so isme bhi kya next try after 6 months hi karne denge, suppose she gets a platinum/coral card before that, she can get apay card on shared limit na if they remove the cooling period in 1 month.
If you apply for a card it remains in the system for at least 3 months & sometimes more. Whether you do Vkyc or not doesn't matter the application ID remains active. for Apay minimum of 6 months to reapply
How will she get a platinum or coral card if she doesn't have any relationship with ICICI?
Her current employment service or business? If you get an ICICI account for CC offers you are making a big mistake for CC offers.
After opening the account based on her usage they may offer CC. Yes, after getting any cc from ICICI bank you will get shared limit with Apay

Don't fall for the trap read this
That thread is misleading and not related to what I posted. It's a proper zero balance digital savings account without any AMB.
First, check if the account is zero balance or not or if any hidden charges are present or not any MAB
It's a zero balance account and I opted for it. Let it be, thanks but I think we are going away from the actual issue or I've failed to explain my issue.

Back