• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does increasing credit limit affect how much credit limit you would get on a new card?

saucy

TF Legend
Hi lounge members.

ICICI is offering me a free credit limit increase, but I'm fearing availing it thinking that.it would affect what credit limit i get on applying for new cards (I'm planning to apply for ACE and Neu Infinity)

Does anybody know if having a higher credit limit would positively or negatively impact my new - to-be credit cards?

Hi lounge members.

ICICI is offering me a free credit limit increase, but I'm fearing availing it thinking that.it would affect what credit limit i get on applying for new cards (I'm planning to apply for ACE and Neu Infinity)

Does anybody know if having a higher credit limit would positively or negatively impact my new - to-be credit cards?
It won't affect apply for Le increase total limit on all card You have

There are several potential benefits to having a higher credit card limit:

Increased purchasing power: With a higher credit limit, you have the ability to make larger purchases and manage your expenses more easily.

Improved credit score: Your credit utilization ratio is an important factor in determining your credit score. Having a higher credit limit can lower your credit utilization ratio, which can improve your credit score.

Better financial flexibility: A higher credit limit can give you more financial flexibility and help you manage unexpected expenses or emergencies.

Enhanced rewards and benefits: Many credit cards offer rewards programs that provide cashback, points, or other benefits for spending. With a higher credit limit, you can potentially earn more rewards.

More favorable interest rates: Some credit cards offer lower interest rates or promotional APRs for customers with higher credit limits.

It's important to note, however, that a higher credit limit also comes with greater responsibility. It's essential to use your credit card responsibly and avoid carrying a high balance or making late payments, as these can negatively impact your credit score and financial health.

-chatgpt

Hi lounge members.

A higher credit limit means lower overall credit utilisation for the same amount of spend.

Banks do consider debt to income ratio but if your on time payment record is perfect, the algorithm will consider as less risky and will allot you better limit taking into consideration the limits on your other cards.

Hi lounge members.

I have also posted a thread on HDFC tata neu cards, just go through before applying to avoid any hiccups in application.

Hi lounge members.

I think nu you should accept limit increase. It will not affect on your future card application s.

Amazon pay icici limit enhancement is as easy as sms

Dear Customer, Congratulations! You are eligible for an increased credit limit on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XXxxxx from Rs 270000.00 to Rs 470000 without any charges. SMS CRLIM XXXX to 5676766 for this free increase in credit limit. T&C apply.

It's a no brainer, do it.

Amazon pay icici limit enhancement is as easy as sms

Dear Customer, Congratulations! You are eligible for an increased credit limit on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XXxxxx from Rs 270000.00 to Rs 470000 without any charges. SMS CRLIM XXXX to 5676766 for this free increase in credit limit. T&C apply.

It's a no brainer, do it.
Yes its easy.Even on imobile app you can do it to see your limit enhanced immediately.

Back