• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does it make sense to keep scapia card in 2024 or should we go for federal core cards?

cardy

TF Ace
Scapia card had a good limit but after that limit disaster it has only 40k now.

It's not used much now. And have multiple cards.

My question is does it make sense to keep scapia in our portfolio in 2024 or we should check federal core cards now?

Or third option we shouldn't bother about federal bank cards at all!

What's your opinion on closing scapia card.

Scapia card had a good limit but after that limit disaster it has only 40k now.

It's not used much now. And have multiple cards.

My question is does it make sense to keep scapia in our portfolio in 2024 or we should check federal core cards now?

Or third option we shouldn't bother about federal bank cards at all!

What's your opinion on closing scapia card.
If you take advantage of bank discounts regularly while booking flights , BMS , online shopping , food ordering, then a federal Bank core card is a must. They're aggressive with their offers and you can get a lot of discount using them.

I personally find no use of scapia other than 0 forex. So if you have another card covering forex spends or don't need it, definitely close scapia and go for imperio or celesta

If you take advantage of bank discounts regularly while booking flights , BMS , online shopping , food ordering, then a federal Bank core card is a must. They're aggressive with their offers and you can get a lot of discount using them.

I personally find no use of scapia other than 0 forex. So if you have another card covering forex spends or don't need it, definitely close scapia and go for imperio or celesta
Thanks. I don't need forex much. And federal banks eligibility criteria I couldn't find can you provide a rough idea about this?

Thanks. I don't need forex much. And federal banks eligibility criteria I couldn't find can you provide a rough idea about this?
As far as I know, there is no rule of thumb for federal.

If you have cards with limits >5L, you will be eligible for celesta, and anything over 2L should get you imperio.

It's purely cibil based and will ask for income docs while applying. The algorithm will automatically select the best card available

And I would recommend the MasterCard variant for either of the two

You still interested in applying scapia?
Well i was experimenting and looks like they dont allow signups. i tried in app and it failed :) ( am actually looking for zero forex credit card for my travel next month)

i gave my mobile number ( in the application , it said it will fetch aadhaar details based on mobile number) hope they dont save any data of mine in their system !

Guys we all are aware how Scapia lured us with th eunlimted lounge access USP with no fee card in association with Federal bank.
I have been their user for almost a year now. But now I am literally fed up and have decided to close the card.

Initially the credit limit they offered to me was Rs. 3,60,000. It was sufficient for me and I had no complaints.

As you all are aware all of a sudden their banking partner decided to reduce the credit limit and my credit limit was decreased to just Rs. 60,000. A massive 3L decline. There was zero communication from Scapia or even Federal Bank regarding this and all the users were literally renting on all social media on why such a credit decrease has been initiated. Later we came to know that to balance out the credit exposure based on RBI's guidelines the limit was decreased. This is okay and understandable but the lack of communication was not acceptable. There has to be transparency.

Just two weeks back, I received an email from Federal Bank to re do the KYC and they had threatened to me that they will block the card if I don't do that. Fine and understandable as per RBI rules.

But the catch was, I had to insert my customer ID for initiating the fresh KYC. And as a user I do not know my customer ID. It is neither mentioned in the credit card statement nor visible in the app. I contacted Scapia support and they said they will get me my customer ID after speaking with their banking partner.

Again this shows lack of communication between those two that even the Scapia team doesn't know that the bank is sending such mails to their customers.

Then I received a call from there customer care executive who shared with me my customer ID and asked me to initiate the KYC process which I promptly completed on Bank's website.

But I did not receive any communication as acknowledgement that the process is complete and one fine morning they blocked my card stating that the KYC is incomplete. Now what should I do I do not understand. There is a complete miscommunication between the Federal bank and Scapia team.

In the mean time they have increased the lounge access requirement also to Rs. 10,000 spend from earlier Rs. 5000 per month. at that time also communication lag I had experienced.

They do not understand how to serve the customer. They do not even send the credit cars statement in email. Their mail only states the amount due & link to the app to view the statement. How can I have all the statements as my record for any use ? I cant.. cause I need to download them from their app everytime one by one.. !!I have asked them not to unblock my card since I am not going to submit any documents now for KYC.

I have been using HDFC and SBI Cards in past but never faced such issues.

I will now try to get an upgrade from my dynamics club privilege card to diners club black which has unlimited lounge access and throw away this one.

Guys we all are aware how Scapia lured us with th eunlimted lounge access USP with no fee card in association with Federal bank.
I have been their user for almost a year now. But now I am literally fed up and have decided to close the card.

Initially the credit limit they offered to me was Rs. 3,60,000. It was sufficient for me and I had no complaints.

As you all are aware all of a sudden their banking partner decided to reduce the credit limit and my credit limit was decreased to just Rs. 60,000. A massive 3L decline. There was zero communication from Scapia or even Federal Bank regarding this and all the users were literally renting on all social media on why such a credit decrease has been initiated. Later we came to know that to balance out the credit exposure based on RBI's guidelines the limit was decreased. This is okay and understandable but the lack of communication was not acceptable. There has to be transparency.

Just two weeks back, I received an email from Federal Bank to re do the KYC and they had threatened to me that they will block the card if I don't do that. Fine and understandable as per RBI rules.

But the catch was, I had to insert my customer ID for initiating the fresh KYC. And as a user I do not know my customer ID. It is neither mentioned in the credit card statement nor visible in the app. I contacted Scapia support and they said they will get me my customer ID after speaking with their banking partner.

Again this shows lack of communication between those two that even the Scapia team doesn't know that the bank is sending such mails to their customers.

Then I received a call from there customer care executive who shared with me my customer ID and asked me to initiate the KYC process which I promptly completed on Bank's website.

But I did not receive any communication as acknowledgement that the process is complete and one fine morning they blocked my card stating that the KYC is incomplete. Now what should I do I do not understand. There is a complete miscommunication between the Federal bank and Scapia team.

In the mean time they have increased the lounge access requirement also to Rs. 10,000 spend from earlier Rs. 5000 per month. at that time also communication lag I had experienced.

They do not understand how to serve the customer. They do not even send the credit cars statement in email. Their mail only states the amount due & link to the app to view the statement. How can I have all the statements as my record for any use ? I cant.. cause I need to download them from their app everytime one by one.. !!I have asked them not to unblock my card since I am not going to submit any documents now for KYC.

I have been using HDFC and SBI Cards in past but never faced such issues.

I will now try to get an upgrade from my dynamics club privilege card to diners club black which has unlimited lounge access and throw away this one.
Looks like Federal Scapia is past its glory and will see a slow death. At this rate, for 0 forex, IDFC Wow and AU Ixigo are good cards.

Back