• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does it Makes sense to hold all three Niyo variants of Bank Accounts?

aayusharyan

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have been holding Niyo SBM Bank Account since almost 2 years and also Niyo FD Backed CC. But now they have been pushing to open the other two variants of the bank accounts as well, I think it's DCB and Equitas. They even started outbound calls. So, that got me thinking...

(Point 1)
Is it worth it? I know they give lounge access, but I don't really care to open a new Debit Account just for that. Also, is there a minimum Monthly/Quarterly spend requirement to avail the Lounge access?

(Point 2)
Does DCB or Equitas have 1 customer policy. Because if I become a customer through Niyo, I will be heavily limiting my options for better deals in future and I don't want to do that. Anyone knows/holds multiple accounts with these banks?

Anything else you would like to discuss in this thread regarding these Bank accounts? Looking for various point of views here. 🫣

---
I have seen other threads but they are with respect to using this as Forex Card. I want to discuss this with the view of a bank account. I already have good forex cards. (Wise, formerly Transferwise FTW!) and a tonne of Lounge accesses.

I have been holding Niyo SBM Bank Account since almost 2 years and also Niyo FD Backed CC. But now they have been pushing to open the other two variants of the bank accounts as well, I think it's DCB and Equitas. They even started outbound calls. So, that got me thinking...

(Point 1)
Is it worth it? I know they give lounge access, but I don't really care to open a new Debit Account just for that. Also, is there a minimum Monthly/Quarterly spend requirement to avail the Lounge access?

(Point 2)
Does DCB or Equitas have 1 customer policy. Because if I become a customer through Niyo, I will be heavily limiting my options for better deals in future and I don't want to do that. Anyone knows/holds multiple accounts with these banks?

Anything else you would like to discuss in this thread regarding these Bank accounts? Looking for various point of views here. 🫣

---
I have seen other threads but they are with respect to using this as Forex Card. I want to discuss this with the view of a bank account. I already have good forex cards. (Wise, formerly Transferwise FTW!) and a tonne of Lounge accesses.
Actually banks don't want partner with fintechs, so luckily sbm backed them.

Even sbm boosted by fintechs, rbi restricted sbm for various reasons like vkyc, forex transactions & ppi

Later some banks came to help these fintechs.

(Point 1)

(Point 2)

---
According T&C, all the things will work.

These fintechs have thier own cs regardless of bank cs.

Having all three is burden, maintaining further it may cause irritation.

Sbm is slow nowadays so you can switch to equitas.

Back