• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does Paytm Lost its significance?

Same as OP

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

asahi

TF Premier
Late Night Thoughts!

My first ever digital payments App was Paytm, my 1st ever digital mobile Recharge was done on Paytm. From then, Paytm seen many highs(especially during Note Ban).
But today it feels like Paytm lost it significance(not talking about Merchant App Merchant related things)

Paytm Payments Bank- went down the hill
Paytm Movies & co - Zomato(eventually they’ll move out of Paytm App)
Paytm first membership - failed
Paytm wallet- same fate as ppb
Paytm Mall - Failed

Huge Competition from new age Apps.

So what else Paytm got to offer for customer to keep coming back or to get New customers.

Even for Paytm Business side: during thise paytm Ban chaos(yes most considered paytm was going to ban because of WhatsApp forwards, mouth publicity, merchant WhatsApp groups), they shifted to other payment platforms like phonePe BharatPe, Surprisingly Hdfc. When clouds cleared, few put back paytm box along with others, few stick with new ones. After a while as they’ve to pay for both the companies, few stopped paytm few stopped new ones. So there’s a feasible loss in business/merchant category also.

Last edited:
I don’t get network reception in my college so google pay doesn’t work. So paytm is my go to for any upi payments and mandates while I’m inside

So can be considered as failure?. Groww seen a significant growth, both launched in 2017* i guess. Considering Paytm money got big leverage coz paytm app
I personally use Paytm Money for the usable interface I like on the app. It’s easy to navigate and invest. Yes they’ve missed the golden opportunity to grow like Zerodha or Groww. They would’ve been massively profitable with the user base they’ve and the mad bull market we had for past 3-4 years.

I personally use Paytm Money for the usable interface I like on the app. It’s easy to navigate and invest. Yes they’ve missed the golden opportunity to grow like Zerodha or Groww. They would’ve been massively profitable with the user base they’ve and the mad bull market we had for past 3-4 years.
Once in a lifetime opportunity & they failed to hold it.

Reactions: BVC
So can be considered as failure?. Groww seen a significant growth, both launched in 2017* i guess. Considering Paytm money got big leverage coz paytm app

Just to add to this
One of the CEO of Paytm Money - Pravin Jadhav quit and started new broker Dhan
And Dhan entered into top 10 broker list by active users.
I never used Paytm Money so can't tell about the customer experience.

when Yes bank was under rbi’s sanctions & ybl upi handle was on hold. Paytm kinda mocked PhonePe & offered their @paytm handle for phonepe. Phonepe said some nice things about relationships & went with other banks. Eventually ybl handle was back, ironically @paytm handle is gone & ain’t know whether it will comeback or not

Last edited:
I have been using paytm for long back never faced issues. And now i am mainly using it for paytm points they offer on there transactions.. and collecting 250 worth vouchers every 2nd month.

Back then, it was new. People were excited. New developments were coming. Vijay was dancing. Modiji was promoting.

Now, people have lost lacs of rupess in Paytm.
Paytm license was revoked.
Service deteriorated.

Things have changed so people have moved on to the other shiny UPI apps!

Back