• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Doubt regarding getting a core card as a second HDFC credit card

Hi all, I want to hear how to go about getting my second HDFC CC.

I currently have a Marriott Bonvoy card with a 1L limit. I don't put much spends on it, due to the reward rate being pretty low compared to my main card, Atlas.
I want to get a Diners Club Black Metal next, I meet the salary criteria and have a preferred account with HDFC as well.

My doubt is do I need to show some spending on my Marriott Bonvoy card to get DCB or can I apply directly?
I can show spending through my Atlas statements, if HDFC can bother to look at it.

My RM says they can only upgrade my current card, but I don't want to let go of the Marriott card.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have salary of 1.75L+, you can get DCB Metal easily. Also, common knowledge in the forum is that to first get core HDFC card and then the floater cards like Marriot Bonvoy. Let, us know how it goes.

bhaveshS

TF Ace
Hi all, I want to hear how to go about getting my second HDFC CC.

I currently have a Marriott Bonvoy card with a 1L limit. I don't put much spends on it, due to the reward rate being pretty low compared to my main card, Atlas.
I want to get a Diners Club Black Metal next, I meet the salary criteria and have a preferred account with HDFC as well.

My doubt is do I need to show some spending on my Marriott Bonvoy card to get DCB or can I apply directly?
I can show spending through my Atlas statements, if HDFC can bother to look at it.

My RM says they can only upgrade my current card, but I don't want to let go of the Marriott card.
Get core card first then apply cobranded card

If you have salary of 1.75L+, you can get DCB Metal easily. Also, common knowledge in the forum is that to first get core HDFC card and then the floater cards like Marriot Bonvoy. Let, us know how it goes.
Yes I know that its common knowledge, however the Bonvoy card is pretty important to me as I've a number of stays coming up.
Im looking for a way to get DCB without surrendering it.