• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dumb question regarding card to card apply

SpaceBar

TF Select
Hi. I recently heard about credit card applications on a card-to-card basis. Does this mean my card details, which I am giving to the new bank to process, should be lapsed or closed? I mean to say, can I use the card usually?
I have no idea how a card-to-card application works.

Hi. I recently heard about credit card applications on a card-to-card basis. Does this mean my card details, which I am giving to the new bank to process, should be lapsed or closed? I mean to say, can I use the card usually?
I have no idea how a card-to-card application works.
No worries at all pal. We have all been there at some point in time. For card to card abb. as C2C, you are expected to provide a copy of your existing and valid card with 1st 4 and last 4 digits of card masked.

Also, they may ask for a copy of your existing card statement. They want these details so that they can match your existing card details with your CIBIL and accordingly provide (in most of the cases match the limit) of your existing card.

A card to card application will only be accepted for processing if the card is active. Furthermore, for a C2C/C4C application the card must be at least a year old (varies as per bank policies) and must have a decent limit (again, varies as per bank policies) before it can be accepted.

When you ask for a C2C method, you need to submit some kind of proof regarding the card you are using in order to apply for the new card. This can be in the form of submitting previous statements or an image of the 16 digit number of your current card while carefully hiding the CVV number of your card asking with the 8 digits in between(must). (The way the proof is accepted also varies as per the bank)

So even after masking starting 4 n ending 4, after giving the statement they will get to know the last 4 digits. And by knowing the card they may also knowing the first 4, hence in the end they'll be knowing everything including expiry date except cvv.
Best is to turn off txns and replace as @SamPtnk told

So even after masking starting 4 n ending 4, after giving the statement they will get to know the last 4 digits. And by knowing the card they may also knowing the first 4, hence in the end they'll be knowing everything including expiry date except cvv.
One need to mask middle 8 Digits and not last 4/starting 4

Have been doing this only no tension no chik chik from agent

A card to card application will only be accepted for processing if the card is active. Furthermore, for a C2C/C4C application the card must be at least a year old (varies as per bank policies) and must have a decent limit (again, varies as per bank policies) before it can be accepted.

When you ask for a C2C method, you need to submit some kind of proof regarding the card you are using in order to apply for the new card. This can be in the form of submitting previous statements or an image of the 16 digit number of your current card while carefully hiding the CVV number of your card asking with the 8 digits in between(must). (The way the proof is accepted also varies as per the bank)
How will they open the pdf statement which are password protected

No worries at all pal. We have all been there at some point in time. For card to card abb. as C2C, you are expected to provide a copy of your existing and valid card with 1st 4 and last 4 digits of card masked.

Also, they may ask for a copy of your existing card statement. They want these details so that they can match your existing card details with your CIBIL and accordingly provide (in most of the cases match the limit) of your existing card.
any chance they increase the limit on existing cards instead of matching it?

any chance they increase the limit on existing cards instead of matching it?
Yes, why not. But that depends on your credit worthiness as decided by their internal policies. In case the other bank has misjudged your credit worthiness then the new bank may increase the limit as per their own policies. Conversely, in case your previous bank has given you more limit then they should have them the new bank may choose to issue you a lower limit. But most of the times, they try to match the limits unless it is less compared to the limit decided by their own policies.

Back