• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Duplicate application by SC agent.

Dexter384

TF Buzz
Hi TF members,
I have applied for SC Platinum Rewards Card through cashkaro affiliate link, next day got call from SC recorded line, informed me of some system problem with application, asked new mobile and she will make sure to get it approved and change it to old mobile number. I denied and asked her try sometime later and I don't want give any alternative number.
Got call after 4hrs tell she can proceed with the with same mobile number and asked consent otp, after 2-3 it got approved and got the card. Approval email showed different application number and reward has been rejected.
After rejection sent them email to head of service SC Bank .
1. Remove double enquiry in the report
2. Action against agent
3. Reward rejected asked 4x of rejected amount i.e 10k inr

They asked to share cibil report which I fetched through uni paycheck redacted unnecessary information which they accepted to amend cibil.
They have asked all the key details to even initiate investigation like Call recording (fortunately I kept aside as agent was behaved suspicious)
Call history, caller name etc.. given all

It happened in Feb 20ish 2024
Some back and forth email
Double enquiry removed now
Today they called informed they would give 2.5 as promised by cashkaro and for all the hassle incurred.
They would be changing system so duplicate application can't be created once a application under processing.
Agent says she can do maximum of 3k, but I insisted atleast 5k which they cannot do, she might try for 4k she told without giving estimate of losses incurred bank won't approve refunds she told. I said any amount I would file complaint on RBI BO for allegedly misuse of my details with consent and time loss etc

TF bamboo experts what's ur take
5 months back and fourth emails,
Time and mental agony.
Cibil dip
Paltry 2.5k I would have gotten anyway if this shit doesn't happened long back

How much should I ask for?
Any points negotiate
Is this case have merit with RBI BO

IMG-20240719-WA0008.webp

Last edited:
Similar incident happened with me , I also lost 3K by CashKaro, even I got double CIBIL enquiry. Keep updated!
Today she called and told we can't provide compensation under this case. We have already solved this problem on our end and we can't say that it was bank's fault, it can be a fault of cibil as well. It was same application number, still CashKaro denied reward saying tnc weren't followed. Have been following since March, and they solved it yesterday. She told complaint was lodged only on July 10, and was solved in 20 days.

Last edited:
Update: got 4k compensation for 2.5k rejection from cashkaro, got added to my cc
Good! They dismissed my case, I never brought RBI BO in conversation, I think that's y she took it casually and closed my compliant. Can I file compliant in RBI BO now?

Good! They dismissed my case, I never brought RBI BO in conversation, I think that's y she took it casually and closed my compliant. Can I file compliant in RBI BO now?
Yes, trying has no harm, as they have wholly rejected your claim, in which case you can file rbi bo complaint

Back