• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Duplicate Number Plate Issue challan on my car.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
In January 2022, a challan with the same number plate as my car was issued to me. I tried challenging that challan multiple times, but its status showed as declined. Somewhere in 2022, I gave up. Fast forward to now, I need to sell the car since it in my name, and this issue needs to be sorted out. I won't be paying for someone else's challan; the amount is 2000. How can I challenge this challan? The link provided here https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/...ence.htm?_qc=ec5d3fb9383f3f6f797a85193acef4cb shows the challan, but after a day, it shows as declined. There were a total of three challans issued for someone else's car, with the same nameplate, and I can't even write more than 45-70 characters, as far as I remember. Neither can I upload a picture. In the remark, it says the challan was correct. I'm dealing with another headache. The irony is that two out of the three challans were resolved, so I'm not sure why this one can't be resolved. i can't upload and point out look this car number and my car number is same. Screenshot 2024-03-12 154147.png

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
In January 2022, a challan with the same number plate as my car was issued to me. I tried challenging that challan multiple times, but its status showed as declined. Somewhere in 2022, I gave up. Fast forward to now, I need to sell the car since it in my name, and this issue needs to be sorted out. I won't be paying for someone else's challan; the amount is 2000. How can I challenge this challan? The link provided here https://mahatrafficechallan.gov.in/...ence.htm?_qc=ec5d3fb9383f3f6f797a85193acef4cb shows the challan, but after a day, it shows as declined. There were a total of three challans issued for someone else's car, with the same nameplate, and I can't even write more than 45-70 characters, as far as I remember. Neither can I upload a picture. In the remark, it says the challan was correct. I'm dealing with another headache. The irony is that two out of the three challans were resolved, so I'm not sure why this one can't be resolved. i can't upload and point out look this car number and my car number is same. Screenshot 2024-03-12 154147.png
How can there be a duplicate number plate? Isn’t that a crime ?

sidp

TF Ace
In January 2022, a challan with the same number plate as my car was issued to me. I tried
Have you asked for any photograph of the vehicle? Or if you have proof you were in a different location during that time. That is the only way.

Similar thing happened to a guy I know. His vehicle fast tag deducted money from 3 different states within hours of each other. Mh, tn and somewhere in north. Paytm even accepted it's physically not possible to be in those places in that short duration, still didn't refund. Then he moved to consumer court and asked for photograph from toll booth. All 3 were different vehicles altogether.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Have you asked for any photograph of the vehicle? Or if you have proof you were in a different location during that time. That is the only way.

Similar thing happened to a guy I know. His vehicle fast tag deducted money from 3 different states within hours of each other. Mh, tn and somewhere in north. Paytm even accepted it's physical not possible to be in those places in that short duration, still didn't refund. Then he moved to consumer court and asked for photograph from toll booth. All 3 were different vehicles altogether.
On that day, January 10th, 2022, my car was somewhere else. However, the challan shows two images, and the make of the vehicle is a Honda Civic, whereas mine is a Hyundai. The rest of the details don't matter. Clearly, the car just has the same nameplate as mine. Like I said, the CCTV camera added three challans against my car, and I managed to remove two of them just by mentioning that it's not my car. However, they are not willing to remove this challan, and I'm not sure if going there physically would get this challan removed from my name.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

Similar thing happened to a guy I know. His vehicle fast tag deducted money from 3 different states within hours of each other. Mh, tn and somewhere in north. Paytm even accepted it's physical not possible to be in those places in that short duration, still didn't refund. Then he moved to consumer court and asked for photograph from toll booth. All 3 were different vehicles altogether.
so going to consumer cour is a only option then, it seem.

sidp

TF Ace
On that day, January 10th, 2022, my car was somewhere else. However, the challan shows two images, and the make of the vehicle is a Honda Civic, whereas mine is a Hyundai. The rest of the details don't matter. Clearly, the car just has the same nameplate as mine. Like I said, the CCTV camera added three challans against my car, and I managed to remove two of them just by mentioning that it's not my car. However, they are not willing to remove this challan, and I'm not sure if going there physically would get this challan removed from my name.
As make of car is different, and you have photo , you can go to rto office. But you won't be able to meet the officer before you pay bribe more 2000rs 😂. Plus the time you ll waste is worth more than 2000rs.

If you can see the cctv pic of car, then take a screenshot and dm state rto department With challan no. Stating your car is of different maker/ brand/colour etc. Still if you get no response, do a public post. And tag ministry/gadkari.