• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Employment Type Issue during Application - Suggest card too

PainX

TF Buzz
Update:

I applied for a SBI cash card recently, I had used my current address as residential address and office address.
The guy visited for verification today. He clicked photos with home plate but still SBI rejected my application saying:
"Your application could not be processed as it does not meet our internal policy criteria."

I'm so irritated when they ask for my company name as on a board at my home :/
What should I do?
-------------------------------------------

Hello folks,
I am currently working for a US company and I get no salary slips. I do have an employment letter and bank statements. Multiple cards have been rejected in the past as they don't acknowledge my working location.

During the application I choose self employed. But for office address, there is no way to select US or any other country for that matter. I keep getting denied for cards and cannot process card applications most of the times.

I currently have Axis Magnus for Burgundy as my primary card and HDFC Diners Club Privilege as back up. After axis accelerated points devaluation, I need to get myself a better card for rewards. I'm more into points game so I would like to keep it that way. I rely on GYFTR so multiplier is a must for me.

Looking to get AMEX or better.

Please help!

Last edited:
Hello folks,
I am currently working for a US company and I get no salary slips. I do have an employment letter and bank statements. Multiple cards have been rejected in the past as they don't acknowledge my working location.

During the application I choose self employed. But for office address, there is no way to select US or any other country for that matter. I keep getting denied for cards and cannot process card applications most of the times.

I currently have Axis Magnus for Burgundy as my primary card and HDFC Diners Club Privilege as back up. After axis accelerated points devaluation, I need to get myself a better card for rewards. I'm more into points game so I would like to keep it that way. I rely on GYFTR so multiplier is a must for me.

Looking to get AMEX or better.

Please help!
Apply as self employed. Use your residential address as office address.

Reactions: BVC
I suppose you are already having a good cibil score and history as you mentioned you already having premium cards from axis and hdfc. Now regarding employment, that is rarely checked and verified for online applications. One way I would suggest you to try and use is -- Enter your company name but do not enter address the actual foreign one. IF your company is having any sales,manufacturing centre in India, then use that address or else you may enter your current city address too as you are wfh so that's where your office is.
Generally, when you already have premium cards and a good cibil profile, new banks don't even verify all income/salary details. So you may just try to skip the company check here.

I suppose you are already having a good cibil score and history as you mentioned you already having premium cards from axis and hdfc. Now regarding employment, that is rarely checked and verified for online applications. One way I would suggest you to try and use is -- Enter your company name but do not enter address the actual foreign one. IF your company is having any sales,manufacturing centre in India, then use that address or else you may enter your current city address too as you are wfh so that's where your office is.
Generally, when you already have premium cards and a good cibil profile, new banks don't even verify all income/salary details. So you may just try to skip the company check here.
thank you!

Which AMEX will be better for me?
My usual spends:

13k LIC Payment Quaterly

Multiplier Vouchers:
- 10k Swiggy Voucher
- 5k Myntra
- 5k Nykaa
- 10/20k Amazon vouchers

7k Fuel

thank you!

Which AMEX will be better for me?
My usual spends:

13k LIC Payment Quaterly

Multiplier Vouchers:
- 10k Swiggy Voucher
- 5k Myntra
- 5k Nykaa
- 10/20k Amazon vouchers

7k Fuel
You may take a combination of MRCC and Gold both if you spend only acccording to the plan you mentioned. 13kLIC quarterly could be used for MRCC 20k milestone and 5k/7k worth vouchers through reward multiplier for the additional 4txn of 1500 milestone.

If you take gold charge, you can easily buy 6k worth vouchers at 5x accelerated rate every month to hit the monthly milestone.

If you think you may have additional spends like insurnce, rent, wallet add, tax, govt and nps spends etc, then plat travel would be a good option. But to start with, I would sugegst mrcc/gold.

Btw, you are the best judge for your spends and need. So, your own dicreetion in choosing the card is advised. Why not platinum charge as well, depending your lifestyle/usgae that card too could be beneficial for the reduced fee for time being.

Reactions: BVC
If you have multiple rejections, it also means you have applied a lot. So slow down my friend.

If you are working for a US company who does not have their office(s) in India, then you are probably a consultant for them which translates to self employed.

I use my residence address in both Office and Home address. If they want to do Physical verification, I am available.

Banks even after COVID does not understand work from home.

If you have multiple rejections, it also means you have applied a lot. So slow down my friend.

If you are working for a US company who does not have their office(s) in India, then you are probably a consultant for them which translates to self employed.

I use my residence address in both Office and Home address. If they want to do Physical verification, I am available.

Banks even after COVID does not understand work from home.
Hey Sumit, I applied for a SBI cash card recently, I had used my current address as residential address and office address.
The guy visited for verification today. He clicked photos with home plate but still SBI rejected my application saying:
"Your application could not be processed as it does not meet our internal policy criteria."

What should I do?

Hey Sumit, I applied for a SBI cash card recently, I had used my current address as residential address and office address.

What should I do?
There must have been some mistake in any of the process.

Even if one guy do silly mistake your application is rejected.

Back