• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Entering Credit Card World

rohit911

TF Buzz
Hi guys,
I recently got into the credit card game,
I will receive my first cc (Airtel axis) In 2-3 days.
Now looking for other cards.
I m not into travelling/hotel, my major spend r in utility (20k+) and grocery (offline,mostly dmart) (15-20k).
I m self employed , having 30lakh+ itr.

Hi guys,
I recently got into the credit card game,
I will receive my first cc (Airtel axis) In 2-3 days.
Now looking for other cards.
I m not into travelling/hotel, my major spend r in utility (20k+) and grocery (offline,mostly dmart) (15-20k).
I m self employed , having 30lakh+ itr.
atleast one ltf card of each bank.

HSBC is not available at my location.
And sbi cashback card is for online spend so how is it useful in my case ? Kindly elaborate as I m new in this field.
For utility, you could get apay gc and pay your bills.
Also if you shop from reliance stores etc you can buy reliance gc and use them.
5%cb on almost everything (with sbi cb cc)

For utility, you could get apay gc and pay your bills.
Also if you shop from reliance stores etc you can buy reliance gc and use them.
5%cb on almost everything (with sbi cb cc)
From where can I purchase the gift cards ?
Also is there any convenience fees in buying gc and paying the bill through apay ?

From where can I purchase the gift cards ?
Also is there any convenience fees in buying gc and paying the bill through apay ?
You may purchase amazon gv from amazon or tata neu app using sbi cashback. 5% cashback. Do not buy more than 10k per month from amazon site. No convenience or processing fee from either.

Yes bank paisabazaar card may work for you. It has 1.5% cashback on pos transactions. And it is newly launched. So, may be easier to get. I dont own this card.

Be careful of applying too many cards at same time. CIBIL God doesn't like it.

You may purchase amazon gv from amazon or tata neu app using sbi cashback. 5% cashback. Do not buy more than 10k per month from amazon site. No convenience or processing fee from either.
Ok thanks,
Seems like this is The card that I should look for.
But One thing, should I apply it now or wait becz I just applied Airtel axis on 14th sept, haven't received it yet.

Ok thanks,
Seems like this is The card that I should look for.
But One thing, should I apply it now or wait becz I just applied Airtel axis on 14th sept, haven't received it yet.
If this is just second enquiry to your CIBIL score, this should be ok. I ain't expert on CIBIL. @SSV is scholar there. Check for your CIBIL score. It is available free on Amazon pay and GPay. If score is above 780 and you have good enough credit history, go for it.

If you have sbi account, see if you see any banner in sbi netbanking. Some folks got easily via netbanking. Though sbi and sbicard are different entities. If not, also look via cashkaro, you may earn some extra money applying through it. I could have given my referral code. But you will earn more via cashkaro.

If this is just second enquiry to your CIBIL score, this should be ok. I ain't expert on CIBIL. @SSV is scholar there. Check for your CIBIL score. It is available free on Amazon pay and GPay. If score is above 780 and you have good enough credit history, go for it.

If you have sbi account, see if you see any banner in sbi netbanking. Some folks got easily via netbanking. Though sbi and sbicard are different entities. If not, also look via cashkaro, you may earn some extra money applying through it. I could have given my referral code. But you will earn more via cashkaro.
Before the axis card enquiry, my last enquiry was in February.
Currently my cibil is 749 , I have 13 years of credit history (With some late emi payments).
I do have saving account in SBI but no pre-approved offer for any card.

Before the axis card enquiry, my last enquiry was in February.
Currently my cibil is 749 , I have 13 years of credit history (With some late emi payments).
I do have saving account in SBI but no pre-approved offer for any card.
When was last late emi payment?

You may need to work on improving credit score. Definitely, you may not want more than one cibil hit per quarter or half year. You may look at @SSV's thread on CIBIL for massive gyaan on it.

Reactions: SSV
Back