• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Equifax report showing someone else's details

alwayswin69

TF Select
I recently pulled up my free credit report from equifax and it shows someone else's details.
First name is same, but DOB, PAN card number and even the email id in the report is different.
DOB has a difference of just 2 days and his pincode is same as mine.

The guy has multiple loans on his name and now I'm wondering whether this led to my credit card applications being rejected (as i'm fairly new to credit world)
I've sent an email to Equifax regarding it but is there something else I can do to expedite this? and maybe get some compensation out of it?

First name is same, but DOB, PAN card number and even the email id in the report is different.
I didn't get this....

Dk for Equifax; but for Cibil I had to register using my PAN; and it gave me my report .
How does Equifax work...? Like you entered your PAN, created account and then someone else's name (similar to yours) with diff PAN, DOB is showing?? [ under you PAN registration ? ]

I didn't get this....

Dk for Equifax; but for Cibil I had to register using my PAN; and it gave me my report .
How does Equifax work...? Like you entered your PAN, created account and then someone else's name (similar to yours) with diff PAN, DOB is showing?? [ under you PAN registration ? ]
Even i don't know how exactly Equifax works.
The registered PAN card number is different under Identification but I registered on the platform using my PAN card number itself!!

Also under input enquiry (details of the person who fetches the report), my details are showing correctly (i.e. my name, dob and pan number is correct.)

read this once first..

read this once first..

Just did, all i was able to grasp was that it is shit and support doesn't really care.
Any tips on what should i do next to get this fixed?

Well even if it's not my Equifax score, how can i fetch my score when I've already registered using my information but getting some random person's info in my report?
1) What information you have provided for getting this score?
2) where did you access this report from? ,
3) when did you access this report?
4) is this the first time you accessed your report?
5) if not, since when you started seeing wrong info in your report?

1. Whatever information it asks when you first register on the Equifax official website
If answer to this question is whatever information it asked, then score could be yours or may be not yours.. it could belong to whoever…may not necessarily yours…

And if you believe it is your score then your first point of contact is the equifax support email and wait for their reply…

If answer to this question is whatever information it asked, then score could be yours or may be not yours.. it could belong to whoever…may not necessarily yours…

And if you believe it is your score then your first point of contact is the equifax support email and wait for their reply…
I don't exactly remember bro what details they asked when I registered on their website, but i'm sure whatever i filled in was my own info, also the pan number of that random guy is wayyy different than mine so couldnt be an error there.

And no I don't believe that it is my score as there is no mention of any personal loan (BNPL services) I'm enrolled in.
Waiting on what equifax has to say on this

Back