• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

FD or RD: Which Gives Maximum Returns?

I'm trying to decide between Fixed Deposits (FDs) and Recurring Deposits (RDs) for the best returns. I can invest either a lump sum or monthly. Which option offers the highest returns?

Reactions: NCD
I'm trying to decide between Fixed Deposits (FDs) and Recurring Deposits (RDs) for the best returns. I can invest either a lump sum or monthly. Which option offers the highest returns?
if it's lumpsum, then FD. if you invested all your lumpsum into FD and want to prepare next lumpsum means put it into RD.

also I recently came across the Blance App, which offers a recurring deposit scheme with a promised return of 10%. Is it legitimate and reliable? any review about this?

Go with FD.

Also start you can start RD to collect fund for your next FD. Once you have sufficient amount, let's say 1L then make FD of that 1L

At fixed rate of return, a lump sum always gives more returns than monthly installments. That means, for the same duration and same rate of return, a lumpsum FD will always fetch more than an RD. So if you have lumpsum amount, for fetching more returns, the obvious choice would be an FD.

Back