• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Filed revised return. Yet to receive tax paid in original ITR filed

Heyyy

TF Buzz
Hi All,

While filing ITR under Filing Section : 139(1)for one of my friend, I wrongly chose old tax regime. As a consequence of this, at the time of submitting this return, portal showed me that an additional amount of nearly Rs20k amount needs to be paid. I did the same and paid the amount.

Now lately I found that the same was to be filed under new tax regime. To do the same, I filed a revised return under Filing Section : 139(5). This time the total additional amount to be paid was just Rs1000. I did the rest and submitted revised return.

In a week or so, my friend received confirmation of the same from the income tax department. This confirms that the revised file was accepted.

I am expecting refund of Rs20k which I paid additionally while filing the original return under sections 139(1). Sadly, the same has not yet been received at my end yet.

Can anyone help me understand if anything else needs to be done from my end to get this money refunded back? If no, any estimated date I can expect this refund be made?

Back