• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Financial charge levied on my HDFC neu card

Hii,
Last month my neu card bill generated was 153060 rs but Accidently paid only 153000rs missed 60rs,So i have been charged rs 1114 penalty,
i read somewhere that as per rbi guidelines interest will be charged on only outstanding balance is it true?
Also if i request CC will they waive it off.

Hii,
Last month my neu card bill generated was 153060 rs but Accidently paid only 153000rs missed 60rs,So i have been charged rs 1114 penalty,
i read somewhere that as per rbi guidelines interest will be charged on only outstanding balance is it true?
Yes, that is correct. You may have been charged interest on outstanding, late payment penalty and taxes. Get in touch with HDFC CC and ask for waiver saying the outstanding amount was just 60..

If they dont reverse you can escalate to NO or PNO.

Hii,
As per the 9(b)i clause of the RBI's "Master Direction – Credit Card and Debit Card – Issuance and Conduct Directions, 2022 - "The late payment charges, including the method of calculation of such charges and the number of days, shall be prominently indicated. The manner in which the outstanding unpaid amount has been arrived at for calculation of interest shall also be specifically shown with prominence in all the billing statements"

According to 9(b)v of the RBI's "Master Direction – Credit Card and Debit Card – Issuance and Conduct Directions, 2022":

"..Penal interest, late payment charges and other related charges shall be levied only on the outstanding amount after the due date and not on the total amount."

send that to pno.
wait for reply.
if not resolved and breakup not provided, approach rbi.

Last edited:
Hii,
Since the miss is less than 100/- they mostly reverse it happened to me in just 2 days
But again case to case and time to time it depends

Back