• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Finding the Best Low Fee Lounge Access Credit Card

Jetstone

TF Buzz
Hi all,
I recently joined the forum and, currently, I'm looking to accquire a credit card that'll provide me access to airport lounges within and outside India.

My Requirements are:
  1. The card should be midrange. I don't want super premium cards with 10K+ annual fees. My budget is max 3K+GST annual fee.
  2. The card should provide access to lounges within India (both domestic and international terminals) and outside India.
  3. Quaterly cap on lounge visits is OK but I need at least 4 visits per quarter.
  4. The card should proivde shared access for add-on card members too. This is the reason I need 4 visits per quarter for wife and myself.
Credit cards that I currently hold:
  1. ICICI HPCL Coral credit card - As far as I know this card does not provide airport lounge access.
  2. HDFC Regalia First - Provides 8 complementary lounge access within India and 6 outside India per year. I'm not sure if there is quarterly capping but when shared with my wife, this should just be sufficient for our purposes but I'd like to have better numbers than this.
My Research:
  1. IDFC First Wealth
    1. Provides 4 complimentary visits within and outside India for both primary and add-on card holders combined. That is, 16 visits in a year.
    2. Provides acccess to spas within India also but only in very limited airports.
    3. I was told that I'm not eligible for this card so this card is out of contention for now.
  2. HDFC Diners Club Privilege
    1. Provides 12 complimentary access across lounges both within and outside India.
    2. Applicable for both primary and add-on members.
    3. My understanding is there is no quarterly cap.
    4. Rewards wise this card is not good.
  3. HDFC Regalia
    1. Provides 12 complementary access within India and 6 outside India.
    4. Rewards wise better than DC so this might be the better card overall for me.
Any thoughts, inputs and alternate card suggestions are much appreciated. Nice to be here.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I recently joined the forum and, currently, I'm looking to accquire a credit card that'll provide me access to airport lounges within and outside India.

My Requirements are:
  1. The card should be midrange. I don't want super premium cards with 10K+ annual fees. My budget is max 3K+GST annual fee.
  2. The card should provide access to lounges within India (both domestic and international terminals) and outside India.
  3. Quaterly cap on lounge visits is OK but I need at least 4 visits per quarter.
  4. The card should proivde shared access for add-on card members too. This is the reason I need 4 visits per quarter for wife and myself.
  1. ICICI HPCL Coral credit card - As far as I know this card does not provide airport lounge access.
  2. HDFC Regalia First - Provides 8 complementary lounge access within India and 6 outside India per year. I'm not sure if there is quarterly capping but when shared with my wife, this should just be sufficient for our purposes but I'd like to have better numbers than this.
My Research:
  1. IDFC First Wealth
    1. Provides 4 complimentary visits within and outside India for both primary and add-on card holders combined. That is, 16 visits in a year.
    2. Provides acccess to spas within India also but only in very limited airports.
    3. I was told that I'm not eligible for this card so this card is out of contention for now.
    1. Provides 12 complimentary access across lounges both within and outside India.
  3. HDFC Regalia
Any thoughts, inputs and alternate card suggestions are much appreciated. Nice to be here.
Upgrade Regalia Trash to Regalia or DCP (would choose Regalia for acceptance and DCP for lounges)

Take a second card alongside just in case

BoB Eterna credir card. Gives unlimited lounge access to primary as well as as all add-on cards on VISA platform in India. Annual fee- ₹2500 + 18%GST.
Eligibility is 12lacs ITR or salary

Hi all,

My Requirements are:
My Research:
  1. IDFC First Wealth
  3. HDFC Regalia
Check out Tata Neu Infinity CC....but I am not sure about the shared access part

Hi all,

My Requirements are:
My Research:
  1. IDFC First Wealth
  3. HDFC Regalia
Go for the Regalia card initially. You can later get a DCB LTF. BOB Eterna has unlimited domestic lounge access. 2500+gst, waived on spends of 2.5L.

Hi all,

My Requirements are:
My Research:
  1. IDFC First Wealth
  3. HDFC Regalia
idfc wealth is ideal for you.

if you are from premier institute, you can get diners black as ltf.

if your employer is in their list, au zenith will be ltf.

and keep on collecting ltf cards whenever in offer. keep them in your wallet whenever you are traveling.

I would suggest icici rubyx its ltf and offers 2 per quarter. Almost all lounges covered. I went to srinagar and there also it was accepted at pahun lounge

Upgrade Regalia Trash to Regalia or DCP (would choose Regalia for acceptance and DCP for lounges)

Take a second card alongside just in case
Yes, I'll do this, DCP and Regalia are my first choices. Thank you!

BoB Eterna credir card. Gives unlimited lounge access to primary as well as as all add-on cards on VISA platform in India. Annual fee- ₹2500 + 18%GST.
Eligibility is 12lacs ITR or salary
Thanks for this suggestion. I like the idea of having a card that gives unlimited domestic lounge access at a nominal fee. I've asked BOB if they can provide me a LFT card just in case.

Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card joining/annual Rs. 350 + GST with 2 complimentary international lounge visits per year through Priority Pass and 1 complimentary domestic lounge visit per quarter.
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked this out and the number of accesses provided are too few for me.

Check out Tata Neu Infinity CC....but I am not sure about the shared access part
Thank you for the suggestion. Definitely looks promising and would be good to have this as a second card in addition to Regalia or DCP

idfc wealth is ideal for you.

if you are from premier institute, you can get diners black as ltf.

if your employer is in their list, au zenith will be ltf.

and keep on collecting ltf cards whenever in offer. keep them in your wallet whenever you are traveling.
Thanks for your suggestion. Can you tell me what you mean by "from premier institute"?

Having a slew of LTF cards sure seems like a good idea to get maximum rewards/value out of credit cards.

Try ICICI MMT one time payment... No annual charges
Thank you for the suggestion. This card only provides domestic lounge access capped at 2 per quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong. I prefer a card with both domestic and international access that extends to add on members as well.

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you tell me what you mean by "from premier institute"?

Having a slew of LTF cards sure seems like a good idea to get maximum rewards/value out of credit cards.
Having too many ltf cards means not taking benefit of card rewards but instant discounts

If you can manage HDFC DCB LTF then that’s your best bet
Otherwise for lounge access I would suggest the below 2 cards
Domestic

Bob eterna/ Idbi euphoria ( both provide unlimited lounge but Idbi has only 16 domestic lounge tie up ) - Eterna you can try LTF as many have got it but it’s not 100% sure

international

1) stanc easemytrip- 350 with 2 PP access
2) Kotak zen signature - 1500 for 3 PP access
3) Yes First exclusive - 1999 for 6 PP access
4) HDFC DCP - 2500 for 12 access
3) Axis select - 3000 for 6 PP access

they have a list of top colleges (engg/mba) whose alumni are eligible for ltf cards. i dont know the exact list, but your branch people or even some on this community might be able to share the exact list.

Thank you for the suggestion. This card only provides domestic lounge access capped at 2 per quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong. I prefer a card with both domestic and international access that extends to add on members as well.
Was talking about signature variant... Which gives 1 international once a year... For family try IDFC wealth DC if you are not getting CC...

How many trips are you planning? Any lottery :p

Why not go with Axis Magnus? Because the 10k comes back as a tata cliq giftcard (which you can sell online or even use it) you are actually only spending 1800 on fees (gst) and you will get unlimited domestic and international also 8 guest visits per year

Why not go with Axis Magnus? Because the 10k comes back as a tata cliq giftcard (which you can sell online or even use it) you are actually only spending 1800 on fees (gst) and you will get unlimited domestic and international also 8 guest visits per year
Would've said Magnus but then other people would say that I'm an axis employee :(

Was talking about signature variant... Which gives 1 international once a year... For family try IDFC wealth DC if you are not getting CC...

How many trips are you planning? Any lottery :p
IDFC debit card sounds pretty good. Never looked at debit cards for lounge access.

Ha ha no lottery. It is just that I might become a more frequent traveler in the not so distant future.

Do we get that giftcard on paying annual charges as well or just on paying the joining fees?

Back