• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

First international trip to Thailand. Any suggestions?

arjun697

TF Premier
Bangkok is definitely worth 2 days at the start and one at the end for shopping. In the middle phase, better to go to Phuket/Krabi to cover of all the islands nearby. Or else you need to take a bus/train from Bangkok to Chumpon and from there go visit Koh Samui side of islands.

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In my experience, zero Forex DC is always better. But if you like to bet on exchange rate difference then converting to USD at lower rate and then using USD on higher is a good plan
Can you suggest a good Zero Forex DC for POS? Also, how is the acceptability of DCB there? Plain Magnus 2.4% - 2% Forex charges will also be beneficial.

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you suggest a good Zero Forex DC for POS? Also, how is the acceptability of DCB there? Plain Magnus 2.4% - 2% Forex charges will also be beneficial.
DCB is a hit or miss. I was only able to use it in a couple of places only.
Also forex charge for both magnus and DCB would be 2.36% (2% forex markup + 18% gst on that). also I heard GVP is removed so not much benefit in using DCB either.