• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

First Sim Card & Mobile?

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
1st sim - MTS
1st mobile - MTS
2012 me 10th ke baad MS-CIT me 90+ marks lene ke baad class se reward mila tha 😀
1st smartphone bought in 2014 Sony Xperia M dual (engineering 1st year)
2nd smartphone Redmi note 4 in 2017
3rd One plus 6t 2019
Current one iqoo neo 6 2022

Last edited:
And Gurgaon to Delhi was a Roaming 😂😂
Then RIM was launched in 2003 with 4-5 LCA numbers attached to the same handset - Delhi, NOIDA/Ghzb, Gurgaon, Faridabad and possibly one more.
When I used to come to Kolkata, a new local number would get assigned to it. I used to share that temporay number with my family and any direct calls to that number was treated as local call with no roaming charges for me or STD charges for them.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Then RIM was launched in 2003 with 4-5 LCA numbers attached to the same handset - Delhi, NOIDA/Ghzb, Gurgaon, Faridabad and possibly one more.
They used to charge Rs 1200 for the patch cable to connect their walky wireless landline to a PC for accessing internet.

They used to charge Rs 1200 for the patch cable to connect their walky wireless landline to a PC for accessing internet.
Did not use internet for initial days. After they migrated to 10 digit full mobile type numbering, I upgraded to G-Tran flip phone (SIM based) that I got in special offer. The patch cable came in the box.
. gtran-gcp-4020.jpg

Last edited:

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
1st Sim - BSNL (My Mother's) in Nokia 1100 during college days.

1st Personal SIM (2009) - Aircel (Ported to Airtel when Aircel went bankrupt in 2016) still using it
1st Personal phone - Huawei Honor Holly

Raghav_Go

TF Buzz
1st Sim - Hutch (still using as Jio) [ported into all major networks]
1st Phone - Nokia 1100
1st Smartphone - Micromax Yu

Dad0h0j0

TF Premier
First card was BSNL.
First card with internet was VIDEOCON. it has lowest cost for 1 GB data at 58 rs. back in 2013.

first phone: Samsung Corby. was awesome.
First smartphone HTC desire S.