• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Flight & Hotel Booking Axis Magnus Vs HDFC Diners Black

Chotuv

TF Buzz
HI All

I recently received the Axis Magnus Card and have been an hdfc diners black user since some time now. I wanted your thoughts on this specific query on Flight & Hotel Booking when i am booking by paying money instead of booking with points

If i am going to book a hotel worth Rs 50000. What Credit Card should i be using.

Should i be using Diners Black Combined with Smartbuy. However with the daily cap Enabled i will end up getting Rs 2500 worth points only for this transaction.
Should i be using Axis Magnus combined with Travel Edge. However Travel Edge doesnt have any reward multipliers so it doesnt look like there is any advantage in using Travel Edge. If in case i just do a basic swipe from any website and assuming that Magnus has a 4.8% basic rate of return for Airmiles. I would get around Rs 2400 worth reward miles which is still 100 lesser than Diners.

What should be the best way forward. I know some people would say that when i reach 1 lakh milestone bonus is where axis magnus will be better. But i wanted to know your thoughts on specifically the condition mentioned above.

HI All

I recently received the Axis Magnus Card and have been an hdfc diners black user since some time now. I wanted your thoughts on this specific query on Flight & Hotel Booking when i am booking by paying money instead of booking with points

If i am going to book a hotel worth Rs 50000. What Credit Card should i be using.

Should i be using Diners Black Combined with Smartbuy. However with the daily cap Enabled i will end up getting Rs 2500 worth points only for this transaction.
Should i be using Axis Magnus combined with Travel Edge. However Travel Edge doesnt have any reward multipliers so it doesnt look like there is any advantage in using Travel Edge. If in case i just do a basic swipe from any website and assuming that Magnus has a 4.8% basic rate of return for Airmiles. I would get around Rs 2400 worth reward miles which is still 100 lesser than Diners.

What should be the best way forward. I know some people would say that when i reach 1 lakh milestone bonus is where axis magnus will be better. But i wanted to know your thoughts on specifically the condition mentioned above.
Magnus has reward multiplier on TravelEdge (5x)

Alternate ways - Check whether you can get hotel vouchers with accelerated reward points like ITC or Taj and pay using them.

Check whether the hotel is available in aggregator sites like mmt etc and you can get vouchers for it with accelerated rewards and discount and use it book.

Alternate ways - Check whether you can get hotel vouchers with accelerated reward points like ITC or Taj and pay using them.

Check whether the hotel is available in aggregator sites like mmt etc and you can get vouchers for it with accelerated rewards and discount and use it book.
Sounds good I knew of these techniques in hdfc was asking more specifically for magnus. However if you get 5x on travel edge then it's better than hdfc diners

Back