• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Flipkart Account Blocked - How to get it unblocked?

beingmohit

TF Premier
Many of you may be aware that my Gmail account was hacked around 3 weeks back and the hacker used my Flipkart account to purchase some gift cards. After I escalated the issue to Flipkart, they decided to block my account without any intimation or warning. Since then, I have been calling them, mailing them, and tweeting to them, but nothing has helped. Every time I call their customer support, they tell me that they can see an open complaint on my end and that they will escalate it and I should hear back from them in 48 hours. I mailed their grievance support and they replied assuring a reply within 48 hours. Needless to say, they did not honour any of the time commitments they have made so far. I called their grievance support today and they gave me the same 48-hour timeline.
I have tweeted about it multiple times, received a call from their social media support once and they gave me the same never-ending 48-hour deadline.
I think I have run out of options now. I need access to my account so that I can pursue my efforts to get my money back (which I lost in the hack). But, Flipkart does not seem to care!
Please suggest what to do.

Try writing them at these email addresses

cs-head@flipkart.com
cs@flipkart.com

If you haven't done so already, and if you have reached out but haven't received any response, you can try contacting the Consumer Helpline.

You can register your complaint through various methods, but be prepared for a lengthy battle.
Unfortunately, none of these helped. They do no respond to my emails and they closed the consumer forum complaint citing excessive cancellations as the reason.
I know one other guy who had to go through the same. Unauthorized GPlay vouchers purchased on Flipkart and then account blocked. Seems like it is a pattern. Flipkart may not be directly involved in this, but I think the are blocking accounts to avoid any kind of liability.

Did you tried logging in using desktop? I am asking this question because once my account was disabled so when I tried logging in using desktop site, my account got activated again.
Nah, that didn't help. Thanks for suggesting though

Unfortunately, none of these helped. They do no respond to my emails and they closed the consumer forum complaint citing excessive cancellations as the reason.
I know one other guy who had to go through the same. Unauthorized GPlay vouchers purchased on Flipkart and then account blocked. Seems like it is a pattern. Flipkart may not be directly involved in this, but I think the are blocking accounts to avoid any kind of liability.
Were you able to get this resolved? My account has been blocked citing a large number of returns when in fact I have returned 3 or 4 times in the past year or so and that's about it. All emails to Flipkart result in a standard reply and there's been no solution whatsoever.

Were you able to get this resolved? My account has been blocked citing a large number of returns when in fact I have returned 3 or 4 times in the past year or so and that's about it. All emails to Flipkart result in a standard reply and there's been no solution whatsoever.
Nope, no resolution. I emailed their CEO, CTO and a few other guys, but no response. They closed my consumer court complaint suggesting returns as the reason for account blockage.
I tried almost everything and I have given up now 😢

Is still that account is blocked because at that time my account also blocked and I also complaint but no resolution provided.

Nope, no resolution. I emailed their CEO, CTO and a few other guys, but no response. They closed my consumer court complaint suggesting returns as the reason for account blockage.
I tried almost everything and I have given up now 😢
So, consumer helpline just closes a complaint based on the reason by the errant company, don't they think the company can be biased/dishonest and not take it as gospel truth?

Back