• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

For transactions in foreign which to use?

lxmxl

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I have a Yes marquee credit card which says 'Foreign Currency Mark-up of 1%' and I have a Yes bank Electic debit card which says 'Preferential Zero Cross Currency Markup'.

Now when I swipe my card on foreign pos should I choose to pay in their currency (forex) or in INR (DCC) to enjoy 1% and 0% respectively for my cards?

Hello,

I have a Yes marquee credit card which says 'Foreign Currency Mark-up of 1%' and I have a Yes bank Electic debit card which says 'Preferential Zero Cross Currency Markup'.

Now when I swipe my card on foreign pos should I choose to pay in their currency (forex) or in INR (DCC) to enjoy 1% and 0% respectively for my cards?
Forex ... in their currency

Dcc too attracts 1% + Gst may change bank to bank, card to card.

If you get rewards more than 1% in yes marquee then it's wise to use cc

Never used in a POS but from what I have read paying in Foreign Currency is beneficial as Visa/MasterCard have better conversation rates...

When using DCC, the rates are poor and could result in a premium of Upto 6% plus a DCC markup fees of 1% by the bank

Never used in a POS but from what I have read paying in Foreign Currency is beneficial as Visa/MasterCard have better conversation rates...

When using DCC, the rates are poor and could result in a premium of Upto 6% plus a DCC markup fees of 1% by the bank
@SSV what is ur take on this?
CC usage in their local currency is a better option in this case,

Kindly mark this post as a solution

Reactions: SSV
Why don't you apply for Scapia card which has 0% Cross currency markup or Indus Exclusive Debit card which also has 0% CC markup?

Why don't you apply for Scapia card which has 0% Cross currency markup or Indus Exclusive Debit card which also has 0% CC markup?
Yes bank marquee gives me 4.5% reward on online and 2.25% on offline so with 1% forex markup, I'm net positive.

And coming to debit card I already have an yes bank debit card which has 0% forex markup and it's a Visa infinite debit card, so I don't see a reason to get any other.

Last edited:

@lxmxl kindly mark this post as a solution...me need promotion from Ace to Legend

Reactions: SSV
Yes marquee. 1.18% markup, minimum 2.25% rewards (offline spends). Always pay in local currency - I have seen hefty markups of 5-10% if you pay in INR (you won't know what hit you 😝)

Also most of the zero markup cards don't give any reward points. Do check that!

Back