• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Foreign Transaction with different bill name

Gaurav555

TF Buzz
I have ordered from Apple Thailand to my friend's address, billed to his name.
I used my Credit card, Axis Magnus for payment. Apple did not ask for 'Name on card' when I entered card details.

The amount is not deducted yet. It will be deducted at shipping i.e. 2-3 days later.
Is there any chance of transaction getting declined coz billing is in my friend's name, but the card has my name?
Also the transaction is in Thai Baht, not INR.

Is there any way to ensure the bank/apple doesn't flag/hold the payment.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I used my Credit card, Axis Magnus for payment. Apple did not ask for 'Name on card' when I entered card details.

The amount is not deducted yet. It will be deducted at shipping i.e. 2-3 days later.
Is there any chance of transaction getting declined coz billing is in my friend's name, but the card has my name?

You should be fine. As as I know , your friend can use your CC and vice versa, unless Thailand has some very special laws, which I am not proficient with. In normal case scenario this transaction will go thru..not to worry

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Did you get a verification message?

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Noope, you should be fine.
Apple don't give damm about the card owner as long as they get the money.

Tejo

TF Legend

You should enter correctly the name.

The name on card is should exactly for non 3d secure transactions. Even not your registered bank name. Only the name on card will be used for verification.

Also the billing address should be yours, mostly.

You no need to worry, because c..t..a axis meant for this things, if they think suspicious, Axis will or mail to you, you should immediately respind within 24 hours. Else transaction will be cancelled and you need to do again.

Gaurav555

TF Buzz
O
Shouldn't they say ordered placed successfully or something?
Order is placed successfully. The money will be deducted from the card when they ship the product. They only save card details.
Silima
You should enter correctly the name.

The name on card is should exactly for non 3d secure transactions. Even not your registered bank name. Only the name on card will be used for verification.

Also the billing address should be yours, mostly.

You no need to worry, because c..t..a axis meant for this things, if they think suspicious, Axis will or mail to you, you should immediately respind within 24 hours. Else transaction will be cancelled and you need to do again.
I wasn't aware of this. Else would have used friend's card.