• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraud Alert! BOB credit card

punrziq

TF Select
Today someone called me posing as a customer rep from BOB:
  • She said I have CPP(card protection plan) and insurance services active on my card & bill is generated for ~49000.
  • I said no, I didn't apply for any services & didn't receive any info when applied for card.
  • She starts asking for all my details- card no, expire date, DOB, CVV, Netbanking username etc.
  • When I tell her banks never ask for these, she starts barking like a mad dog "sir pehli bar card use kar rhe ho kya..."
Then I disconnect the call and confirmed with bob cc that no such services are active on my card.
Also, I am not able to login to bob app or website because of some technical error 😟

She exactly targeted bob customer and knew that I recently got the card and other general info like card bin, expiry year, variant(premier).
Their phone no - 7361018141, 7384485951.

• She said I have CPP(card protection plan) and insurance services active on my card & bill is generated for ~49000.
  • I said no, I didn't apply for any services & didn't receive any info when applied for card.
  • She starts asking for all my details- card no, expire date, DOB, CVV, Netbanking username etc.
  • When I tell her banks never ask for these, she starts barking like a mad dog "sir pehli bar card use kar rhe ho kya..."
Then I disconnect the call and confirmed with bob cc that no such services are active on my card.
Also, I am not able to login to bob app or website because of some technical error 😟

She exactly targeted bob customer and knew that I recently got the card and other general info like card bin, expiry year, variant(premier).
Don't check your credit score from third party apps.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

I also got such a call and trolled the person superhard

punrziq

TF Select
I also got such a call and trolled the person superhard
Earlier it was easy to identify these people by the way they used to talk or things they said, but now female reps are calling all prepared with detailed info and talking in very good english using all proper banking terms 🤯

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

hmmm with sbi cashback , their own team from sbi will try everything to sell you their CPP. bank never call until you have called them and they call sometimes for feedback . if you're on android just reject their call. why to pickup and waste our time. cause if they're going charge bank always send email and SMS if they're is. for IOS just keep true caller running in the background.

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Few weeks ago i applied for sbi elite cc from sbi sprint and next day i started receiving calls from sbi trying to sell me card protection plan i told them i dont want anything but they won't listen. After few days my card was approved (got Octane instead of elite) and after 10mins of approval msg i received calls with all the details like card approved card limit trying to sell cpp

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

Which Card Protection Plan comes for 49000? 🤣

Btw you can get BIN number very easily anyway and BoB cards have an expiry of 5 years, so guessing expiry is not that difficult.

prc1990

TF Legend
  • I said no, I didn't apply for any services & didn't receive any info
    It's ironic how easy it is for these guys to lose their temper. In their line of work a little charisma and patience could go a long way.
    Chilla chilla ka sabko sceme bata do 😂.

prc1990

TF Legend
Few weeks ago i applied for sbi elite cc from sbi sprint and next day i started receiving calls from sbi trying to sell me card protection plan i told them i dont want anything but they won't listen. After few days my card was approved (got Octane instead of elite) and after 10mins of approval msg i received calls with all the details like card approved card limit trying to sell cpp
Tell them you need CCPP instead (Customer Care Protection Plan) 😪.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I once trolled a scammer by sms bombing the number. I sent about 3000 dummy SMS's and also asked my friend to do the same.
The scammer called me and hurled abuses that I should stop doing whatever I was doing 😂
You should have given his number on Byju's and Paisa Bazaar. My RM at HDFC still hates me for this. 😜

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
I received the cpp sale call too after cb card approval , told her straight no.
She got furious and starterd blabbering “ do you want to take the risk of losing money” and other risks etc.
Again told her Yes I would take risk.

She cut the call by herself 🤣🤣