• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fuel Credit Card

dipsystories

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I usually have fuel spends of around 20k+ per month. Most of the fuel credit cards in market have capping of rewards at 10k.
Is there any credit card with no such capping and good reward rate?
If not then what sort of combination should I have to maximize the benefits?
What should be the strategy for maximizing reward points/ cashback for spending 20k per month on fuel?

P.S. I am okay with any of the OMCs (IOCL, HPCL, BPCL).

Hello everyone,

I usually have fuel spends of around 20k+ per month. Most of the fuel credit cards in market have capping of rewards at 10k.
What should be the strategy for maximizing reward points/ cashback for spending 20k per month on fuel?

The best credit card in the market is BPCL Octane 6.25% reward but 10k capping. Second best is normal BPCL with 3.25% reward rate 10k capping. Axis IOCL has 4% reward rate but 5 k capping. Citi alsi has around 2-2.5 % reward rate. For best results id suggest you to take 2 cards according to ur need but do take BPCL Octane to maximise rewards on the first 10k spent. Best 2 are BPCL AND BPCL octane but both are of SBI and same petrol pump. Try mix and match

Hello everyone,

out of box thinking just get amex MRCC card, 20k spend in a month yield good rewards
purchase hpcl/bpcl vouchers from amex reward multiplier

The best credit card in the market is BPCL Octane 6.25% reward but 10k capping. Second best is normal BPCL with 3.25% reward rate 10k capping. Axis IOCL has 4% reward rate but 5 k capping. Citi alsi has around 2-2.5 % reward rate. For best results id suggest you to take 2 cards according to ur need but do take BPCL Octane to maximise rewards on the first 10k spent. Best 2 are BPCL AND BPCL octane but both are of SBI and same petrol pump. Try mix and match
I think you forgot about SCB titanium card which gives 5% cashback

Get a icici or idfc fastag.. link it to HP pay app.

Load the fastag with your best rewarding card.(multiple ways here, cred, Amazon pay, ola money etc)

Pay at HP bunks via QR code scan and HP pay , select fastag while paying. You also get 1% payback points.

Also get SCB titanium to use on non hp bunks,. But restrict spends here to only ₹4k per month

Load the fastag with your best rewarding card.(multiple ways here, cred, Amazon pay, ola money etc)

Pay at HP bunks via QR code scan and HP pay , select fastag while paying. You also get 1% payback points.

Also get SCB titanium to use on non hp bunks,. But restrict spends here to only ₹4k per month
titanium is nice card i used 3 years back but monthly 200 CB its very less amount; that too for getting that 2k + 2k 2 times to fuel; full tank usage is disturbed this way

this sounds interesting. by scanning the QR code, you mean the fastag scanned or is there a different QR on the app? if the latter, can this QR be shared to someone else on phone and they can scan it at the bunk? situation of reimbursable fuel spends on company car which is operated by a driver.

this sounds interesting. by scanning the QR code, you mean the fastag scanned or is there a different QR on the app? if the latter, can this QR be shared to someone else on phone and they can scan it at the bunk? situation of reimbursable fuel spends on company car which is operated by a driver.
yes the fastags from icici and idfc can be scanned by pump (driver from ur car no need to send with any cash)
if at all fastag fuel scan not working u can share petrocode from app which will be valid for 30 mins once generated
do a test drive on HP pay app lot of features there

I scan the HP specific QR code printed on the pillars in HP petrol bunks using the HP pay app. Not all HP bunks have it though. The reason I mentioned to scan QR code is because, the other ways of paying using HP app don't allow using fastag balance.

So after reading this I procured a new ICICI Fastag in order to replace my existing Airtel one, which has Rs. 900 bucks balance. The new one just arrived, I recharged it with Rs. 500 so it has Rs. 700 balance now. However, when I go to see the status against the Fastag ID on the NETC website it is showing as blacklisted. When I search for my vehicle number, it shows 2 Fastags and both are active.

How do I go about activating the new ICICI Fastag after finishing off my Airtel Fastag balance, and transferring the Rs. 250 reserve amount from it to my Airtel Wallet?

Back