• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Get Axis Atlas as a paid card or wait for Burgundy Status for LTF?

mdsdqk

TF Buzz
I have a pre-approved offer for an Atlas card. I currently have a priority Salary Account with Axis, RM denied LTF Atlas saying that it is only for Burgundy customers. Now, I have a salary correction coming up, which should mostly put me in the Burgundy bucket, but I've heard that the Burgundy status upgrade takes upto 3-4 months after salary changes, so that's a good 6 months before I get that.

Question is, should I get the paid card now and convert it to LTF later after getting Burgundy status? I have wedding related spends coming up in the next few months, and post that there might be house construction costs coming up.

I'm aware that the joining benefit outweighs the card fee, but apparently LTF cardholders also get the benefits, hence the dilemma! And also whether to trust Axis for rewards given their recent F**k ups!

Presently I'm heavily using Amex cards - MRCC and Plat Charge (got it for the 135k points! :p). IDFC First Power+ for UPI. Have a bunch of LTF or minimal fee cards from RBL, StanC, SBI, ICICI, HDFC, IndusInd, BoB etc., mainly for festive offers.

Back