• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Get your guide/Viator forex markup?

drsel

TF Prestige
When Get your guide, Viator, Klook, iVenture, Headout, etc show you prices of foreign attractions/tours/tickets and you choose INR as currency;
Then you pay online using SBI CASHBACK cc (in INR price shown), will they bill you the exact visa conversion rate or will the rate include 4.13% forex markup without showing it as a separate charge?

Last edited:
Solution
Are you sure that the billed price is the exact Visa conversion rate?
Often the billed price includes forex markup without showing it as a separate charge
Yes.. it is exactly as per Visa conversion rate. There are no additional markups added. I have used extensively in Dubai

MB and Infinia add DCC on Klook INR. It still works out to be cheaper than foreign currency + forex markup. Bonus with SBI cashback is that there is no DCC
Asking mainly about get your guide.
I hope to get 5% cash back, but I am wondering if
a) 4.13% markup will be included/hidden in the billed amount
b) 4.13% will be shown as a separate charge
c) I will get the exact Visa conversion rate

Last edited:
Are you sure that the billed price is the exact Visa conversion rate?
Often the billed price includes forex markup without showing it as a separate charge
Yes.. it is exactly as per Visa conversion rate. There are no additional markups added. I have used extensively in Dubai

MB and Infinia add DCC on Klook INR. It still works out to be cheaper than foreign currency + forex markup. Bonus with SBI cashback is that there is no DCC

Solution
Will SBI Cashback give 5% cashback on ALL online ticket, tour and holiday activity booking sites like Klook, Headout, iVenture, Viator, Getyourguide?
I have personally checked only with Klook. But most likely it will give on other portals also as MCC is likely to be travel / accommodation etc.

SBI that way is very liberal in giving 5% on almost all online transactions unless MCC is excluded. I got 5% on visa2fly as well. Very less likelihood of MCC being govt, insurance, wallet, rent, jewellery, education etc for Headout, iVenture, Viator, Getyourguide

They show you, your final payable price at the time of booking, that price is based on their conversion rate, which is not daily market rate instead average of the past month. Transaction happen in INR only, so no Forex get into picture from bank side.

Back