• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting messages from hdfcbk.io to settle dues. I don't even have a credit card with them. what do i do?

Pengwings

TF Buzz
I can see in my message history that the previous messages have been about UPI activations etc, from 2022, this was probably when i created my google pay account, so the number seems to be legit.
but why am i getting these messages? I dont have a credit card with them, it doesnt show up in my credit history either. what do i do?

If the CC is recently issued, it may not show up in CIBIL.

HDFC offers WhatsApp banking at 7070022222 . Save this number and follow the guidelines mentioned in the following link...

If you can register in WhatsApp, try to find as much info from there.

The phone numbers are 1800 1600 / 1800 2600

It is also a good idea to write down your query so that you can keep track of all communication with HDFC. Write to customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com if you prefer this type of communication.

can i take any legal actions against HDFC for this btw? I'm sure there's a protocol to verify phone numbers and other information. The fact that i received no communication of credit card delivery, phone verification etc is really weird right?

I can see in my message history that the previous messages have been about UPI activations etc, from 2022, this was probably when i created my google pay account, so the number seems to be legit.
but why am i getting these messages? I dont have a credit card with them, it doesnt show up in my credit history either. what do i do?
Ever applied for hdfc cc?

Ever applied for hdfc cc?
never fully applied for it, i saw their ad on swiggy, got to the point where they ask for source of income then backed out
and that was months ago

they never called me or sent me any approval messages. I haven't received any emails from them.

can i take any legal actions against HDFC for this btw? I'm sure there's a protocol to verify phone numbers and other information. The fact that i received no communication of credit card delivery, phone verification etc is really weird right?
No, this is classic impersonation. Please mark it as spam and block!!

Back